Author Topic: Frustrating Leak  (Read 1315 times)

jamesmyspot

• Swab
Frustrating Leak
« on: January 05 2023, 03:41 »
Hi all and all the best for 2023. I would very much like to track down my persistent frustrating leak (they are set to challenge us!). Mine finds the low point at the bilge pump via the limber holes in the box grid. I suspect its entering via the same way at a position somewhere aft. All other areas I can access forward are dry and stay dry. Its fresh water so I suspect a plumbing fitting (B42 3 cabin 2001). The freshwater pump does re-pressurise periodically ...30-60mins or so (this suggests a dripping leak somewhere). I can get half a bucket a day with the pump constantly on. Thoughts anyone who has experienced similar (especially the potential ingress point??

nightowle

• Able Seaman
  • S/V In Deep - 1999 Bavaria 35E
  • Boat Model: 35 Exclusive
  • Boat Year: 1999
Re: Frustrating Leak
« Reply #1 on: January 05 2023, 06:01 »
colorifier can be a likely place.  place paper toweling or body powder below the fittings and look for a slow leak.
S/V In Deep - 1999 Bavaria 35E
Seattle, WA USA

elias

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 44
  • Boat Year: 2003
« Reply #2 on: January 05 2023, 06:12 »
Hi , I had similar leak , in same era boat , through the central screw where the heater elements enter the water heater tank .

jamesmyspot

• Swab
« Reply #3 on: January 05 2023, 22:56 »
Thank you, ill check it out. I suppose the water pump would re-pressurise if leaking from the heater tank