Author Topic: Attaching a forestay/halyard to Cruiser 37 2018  (Read 1216 times)

Gresty

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 37
  • Boat Year: 2018
Attaching a forestay/halyard to Cruiser 37 2018
« on: December 31 2022, 15:16 »
I wish to mount a halyard suitable to hoist a chute of some kind to the Selden Mast but local knowledge in my remote mooring is lacking. There is a shackle(hoop/eye) plate on the prow for attachment, plus a space at the port side foot of the mast for an extra pulley as well as a spare cleat in the cockpit, so the possibility was envisaged. Can anyone clarify the following:- will a pulley(sheave) be already fitted at the top of the mast to take a halyard? There is no obvious gate (hole) in the lower port side of the mast which would be a fairlead exit for a halyard. Is one to be cut into the mast? There are small holes towards the foot of the mast but these seem to small to take a halyard. Any advice before I throw money away on a visit from a rigger (from some distant town) would be appreciated and I would not wish to appear uninformed. Michael   

SYJetzt

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 46
  • Boat Year: 2005
Re: Attaching a forestay/halyard to Cruiser 37 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 02 2023, 07:09 »
I have a original spinnaker gear built in my mast. The halyard it lead trough the mast, entering at a port approx. 2m above deck and exiting at forward looking port at the top of mast. There is a block at the foot of the mast to lead the halyard to the cockpit.

In your case i would give your described solution a try. I don't see any reasons, why it should not work... KISS (Keep it simple and stupid..)