Author Topic: 42 Match - Radar mount  (Read 1749 times)

fremme

• Cadet
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 42 Match
  • Boat Year: 2006
42 Match - Radar mount
« on: November 11 2022, 14:07 »
Hello all
After passing my Exam on Yachtmaster B 500 GT : (unrestricted by the yacht purpose and navigation area)
and changed all instruments on board into RayMarine (SeaTalkNG) + New Plotter Axiom+ 12 ,  and autopilot EV-200

I'm now ready to install a Radar
I have on order a new Raymarine Quantum 2, Q24D + (Scanstrut LMM-1)

So to the question . Do anyone have some instructions for where on the mast and best practise for mounting a radar on the mast / Drilling for cables etc etc ?

Thank you for your help 

semaphore

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Ocean 38
  • Boat Year: 2000
Re: 42 Match - Radar mount
« Reply #1 on: November 17 2022, 20:10 »
Seldon has some guides for that: https://support.seldenmast.com/files/1453127773/595-557-E.pdf

if you're able to get the wire in the track they describe, you'll be blessed by not having the cable hit the mast as the boat rocks. I have no idea about specifics of radar mounted on the mast; the PO moved it. There should be a cable gland for the anchor light and probably vhf, but you'll want another one for your radar cable.

fremme

• Cadet
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 42 Match
  • Boat Year: 2006
Re: 42 Match - Radar mount
« Reply #2 on: November 29 2022, 11:58 »
Seldon has some guides for that: https://support.seldenmast.com/files/1453127773/595-557-E.pdf

if you're able to get the wire in the track they describe, you'll be blessed by not having the cable hit the mast as the boat rocks. I have no idea about specifics of radar mounted on the mast; the PO moved it. There should be a cable gland for the anchor light and probably vhf, but you'll want another one for your radar cable.

Thank you there
Yes I have been looking but not able to find a good way of doing this when the mast is mounted on the boat.
I have therefore decided to try out the Wifi possibility on my new Quantum 2, Q24D, and use the power that is now going to the dekk light - as I never use that light.  I have free sight from the radar to my plotter - so it will hopefully work.
I will also use the Scanstrut LMM 1 kardanische Radarhalterung - to see how it works out with my Genoa.
If I'm not satisfied - I will install the radar on the solar panel brackets at the aft somehow. 
Knut