Author Topic: E40 Electrical panel CANBUS  (Read 1286 times)

AlexLbk

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria E40
  • Boat Year: 2018
E40 Electrical panel CANBUS
« on: October 16 2022, 16:03 »
Hello everyone.
My E40 has a low voltage electrical panel that is interfaced with control panel through a CANBUS interface. I would like to integrate into the panel so I can turn on and off devices over the CANBUS directly bypassing the control panel. At the same time, I want the control panel to still be functional.
I have reached out to Bavaria several times regarding this. Initially they sent me a NMEA guide for a chartplotter I don't have, then started ignoring me all together.
Does anyone have any information on the manufacturer of this panel and possibly know any details of CAN BUS implementation. I have attached the pictures.

tiger79

• Old Salt
  • 2014 Cruiser 37
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 37
  • Boat Year: 2014
Re: E40 Electrical panel CANBUS
« Reply #1 on: October 16 2022, 16:30 »
I'd suspect that the panel is made by Würth Elektronik, however they are prevented from releasing any information about Bavaria panels without Bavaria's consent.  You could ask them the question though and see what they say.

https://www.we-online.com/web/en/intelligente_systeme/kontakt_ics/Contacts.php

AlexLbk

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria E40
  • Boat Year: 2018
Re: E40 Electrical panel CANBUS
« Reply #2 on: October 17 2022, 01:17 »
I actually reached out to Wurth in Germany and got completely ignored. I can try their US counterpart and see if I can press them a little. Here is an interesting legal issue though: Bavaria Yachts that built my boat in 2018 is no longer a viable entity. Current Bavaria yachts acquired all assets of the defunct company; I know that since they denied my warranty claim on gel coat cracks on the flybridge specifically saying that they are not the company that built the boat.