Author Topic: Warm air heating 2004 Bavaria 36  (Read 2528 times)

Goboatingnow

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2003
Warm air heating 2004 Bavaria 36
« on: September 29 2022, 12:42 »
I’m looking at fitting diesel warm air heating to my two cabin ( owners version ) 2004 Bavaria 36

My initial idea was a heater in the trans space and piping along the port side with a T rear cabin   Galley , saloon and forward cabin. 75mm duct

I think there is space under the cooker void to get the pipeing and through the grp void under the rear cabin cupboard

I’m not so sure how to get past the water tank.

The other option is to mount the heater behind the engine in front of thd calorifier and pipe in around the front of the water tank

Anyone Jack any idea where the pipe runs are normally fun in this model

InDeep

• Cadet
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 32
Re: Warm air heating 2004 Bavaria 36
« Reply #1 on: September 29 2022, 14:59 »
Tino G on Youtube has a video showing the install on his Bav32.  Having been on a 36 and owning a 32 I think the layout is close enough to give you some ideas.

SYJetzt

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 46
  • Boat Year: 2005
« Reply #2 on: September 29 2022, 16:02 »
I think the most critical connection is the heater exhaust, which should be done as stated in the installation guide. All others aren‘t that critical.

Goboatingnow

• Second Mate
« Reply #3 on: September 30 2022, 16:37 »
I’ve done 4 Eberspacher installs over the years so I’m quite happy with the basic heater  install , thanks. It’s the optimism outlet pipe run that’s easily the biggest pain.

Goboatingnow

• Second Mate
« Reply #4 on: September 30 2022, 16:48 »
Tino G on Youtube has a video showing the install on his Bav32.  Having been on a 36 and owning a 32 I think the layout is close enough to give you some ideas.

Forgive me I looked through all his videos and I can’t see it. Have you a link.

artemis

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 34
  • Boat Year: 2001
« Reply #5 on: October 01 2022, 06:55 »
go onto YouTube and type in fitting Eberspacher on Bavaria plenty there

Mike
Artemis

David Gray

• Cadet
« Reply #6 on: October 01 2022, 12:13 »
IHi, I ha e a 2003 B36 2 cabin with a 4 outlet heater, 1st outlet is in the heads opposite toilet bowl, second outlet is in the aft cabin below berth facing  the door with a T off to 3rd outlet  running round fron of engine to  below the bottom step the 4th outlet runs all the way down the port side and is terminated with an outlet below the sea on the port side in the forward cabin. The heater is mounted behind the aft cabin bulkhead in the void space in the transom with the outlet on the port side above the engine exhaust  outlet, the ducting passes  by the water tank  with plenty of free space, hope this helps, David Dawn Magic B36/2

tiger79

• Old Salt
  • 2014 Cruiser 37
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 37
  • Boat Year: 2014
« Reply #7 on: October 01 2022, 13:49 »
Can't help with duct routing on that model, but one thing I'd mention is to locate the heater where it can be relatively easily accessed.  My dealer-fitted Webasto is neatly tucked away in the space under the cockpit, mounted on the transom.  It's very neat, but getting at it involves inserting my upper body through a tiny hatch in the bottom of the cockpit locker!

Other tips are to use some vents with louvres, so you can shut off heat going into unused areas.  And to insulate all the ducting.

Goboatingnow

• Second Mate
« Reply #8 on: October 06 2022, 13:33 »
Thanks

I intend to Fit it now in the space behind the engine under the aft bunk near the calorifier , this assumes I can get a reasonable exhaust run without fouling the steering or rudder

Failing that it’s the transom space possibly with a quick release fittings

This again assumes that I can avoid the water tank.

Goboatingnow

• Second Mate
« Reply #9 on: November 13 2022, 09:22 »
Can't help with duct routing on that model, but one thing I'd mention is to locate the heater where it can be relatively easily accessed.  My dealer-fitted Webasto is neatly tucked away in the space under the cockpit, mounted on the transom.  It's very neat, but getting at it involves inserting my upper body through a tiny hatch in the bottom of the cockpit locker!

Other tips are to use some vents with louvres, so you can shut off heat going into unused areas.  And to insulate all the ducting.

Did you route up the port side under the gas cooker ?

tiger79

• Old Salt
  • 2014 Cruiser 37
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 37
  • Boat Year: 2014
« Reply #10 on: November 13 2022, 11:02 »

Did you route up the port side under the gas cooker ?

The main duct on my Cruiser 37 goes under the cooker, which is on the starboard side.  So there's a small outlet in the aft cabin, a big outlet in the main saloon, and a small outlet in the forecabin.  Plus a branch off the main duct with a smaller duct going across behind the engine to the port side, for a small outlet in the heads/shower area.

Goboatingnow

• Second Mate
« Reply #11 on: November 14 2022, 09:41 »
Thanks for that. My cooler is port side which I’ll have to remove to access the void underneath. I also need to work out how to get the pipe under the port side wardrobe , there seems to be a big void with some big holes already cut as the water pipes run  here.