Author Topic: sea cock hose tails bav 33c  (Read 1804 times)

diverphil

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: 33 cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2006
sea cock hose tails bav 33c
« on: September 16 2022, 16:19 »
hi all, hope someone can answer this as its model/boat specific, I intend to change the seacocks to Tru design ones. from memory and reading other posts they should be 3/4 and 1- 1/2 bsp
 what I can't remember is what the hose tail ends are, I know the holding tank is a 90 degree, but I can't recall whether the other 3 in the head's cupboard are straight,45, or 90 bends
the boat is a 33 cruiser 2006 2 cabin.
does anyone out there have the same boat and year with the same layout that could answer this, so that i can order the parts before starting the work
regards
Phil

Yngmar

• Administrator
  • Boat Model: 40 Ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
Re: sea cock hose tails bav 33c
« Reply #1 on: September 16 2022, 17:32 »
I would put straight ones anywhere there's space for them, even if it was different originally. Unlike the angled ones, they do not need aligning and are thus much easier to fit, and less likely to loosen and leak (not an issue if you Sikaflex them in though).
Sailing Songbird  ⛵️ Bavaria 40 Ocean (2001)

kavok

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: 40 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2008
« Reply #2 on: September 17 2022, 12:21 »
Buy some tail in the two configuration. They cost a little. During installation  you will choose.

diverphil

• Able Seaman
« Reply #3 on: September 18 2022, 18:07 »
thanks for info, will go with straight ones, apart from the holding tank as i know that's a 90, also will get a couple of 45/90 tails in case.

Petef

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 34 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2007
« Reply #4 on: September 19 2022, 20:23 »
I've recently changed my Holding tank /toilet inet seacocks for true design. In my case B34 there wasn't enough room to fit straight hose tails to either. I had originally purchased a 90 deg for the holding tank and straight 3/4 for the inlet. Whilst it could just fit the hose needed to be bent at an angle and interfered with the toilet roll holder on the door. Changed it to a 90deg hose tail (as per original) I get what Yngmar says, better straight if possible but it wasn't in my 34 and I guess you will have a similar sized under sink cupboard to me. You do need to make sure that you can turn both valve handles shut when installed so do a dry run before you do a permanent fix (I used CT1 on recommendation from online and the Chandler, once used it doesn't go off in the tube like Sika flex).

diverphil

• Able Seaman
« Reply #5 on: September 23 2022, 18:48 »
petef, is it the same cupboard as the one in the pic I have attached and did you have space for the collars or not,

Petef

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 34 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2007
« Reply #6 on: September 24 2022, 19:41 »
Yes it looks the same. I didn't fit the collars as the valves are not in a location that is likely to be stepped on or knocked accidentally. It's difficult enough to get in to the cupboard to turn the sea cocks on/off lol!

The valves are quite large so as I said before make sure you can turn both handles off and on (e don't interfere with each other.

diverphil

• Able Seaman
« Reply #7 on: September 26 2022, 11:42 »
petef, thanks for reply about the collars, I thought the same that there isn't space in there for anything heavy enough to cause damage,
 cheers
Phil