Author Topic: Jabsco electric toilet: missing parts or am I not getting it?  (Read 1174 times)

Krumelur

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 40
  • Boat Year: 2010
Situation:

Boat is currently equipped with a manual Jabsco toilet.
The seawater inlet is 3/4" (19mm).
The waste water outlet hose is 1 1/2" (38mm) and connects to a waste tank.

Plan:

1. The new electric bowl has a 3/4" (19mm) seawater inlet at the top and a hose is provided as part of the package. So I'll connect that hose there and to the ParMax water pump on the other end.

2. The ParMax water pump needs adaptors to connect the 3/4" (19mm) hose because it has no connectors at all. The package includes a straight and an angled connector. So I'll be using the already existing hose coming from the sea water valve, use one of the provided adaptors, connect it to the ParMax pump, use the second adaptor on the outlet side of the pump and connect it to the provided hose going to the bowl.

Problems:

1. The package contains a strainer. This has a 3/4" (19mm) inlet but no outlet connector. An adaptor is needed, but I have already used up both of them for the ParMax pump. Am I supposed to plug the strainer inlet directly to the ParMax pump without a piece of hose between?

2. Waste water outlet: The toilet bowl has an outlet on the incinerator with an outer diameter of 1" (25mm). So my existing waste hose with 1 1/2" (35mm) doesn't fit. There's some sort of adaptor in the package which goes to 1 1/2" (35mm) but the input is 22mm (I don't know what that would be in inches!). If this is meant to be used, I don't know how. Even if I had a piece 1" (25mm) hose to install it, it still wouldn't work because it's only 22mm on the input side.

What parts do I need to buy to make this work without making it a hack?

Yngmar

• Administrator
  • Boat Model: 40 Ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
The strainer goes directly into the pump intake fitting. The connector goes on the strainer. That's why you have one fewer :)

Looks like this assembled:

Sailing Songbird  ⛵️ Bavaria 40 Ocean (2001)

Krumelur

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 40
  • Boat Year: 2010
Bingo! Thank You!

And I think I also solved the puzzle with the 35mm adaptor.
I think, I'm supposed to replace my 35mm waste water hose with a 25mm (1") hose. Connect that to the bowl and feed it up to the waste tank.
Then, use the adaptor to be able to connect the 1" hose to the 1 1/2" of the waste tank.
This makes sense because with a bigger diameter, the pump would likely struggle pushing the PeePooMixture (tm) all the way up.