Author Topic: Can I Get a Raymarine C70 to talk to an A series?  (Read 1147 times)

Petef

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 34 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2007
My new to me Bav 34 Cruiser Has 2 Plotters. One a C70 at the Navigation table, connected to AIS, Gps, and I assume the Compass via NMEA 083, also wind, tri data, and auto pilot (I assume by Raymarine ST as there is an empty R ST2 socket). The other plotter a Wifi A70 is at the helm. As far as I can see it has only power (and it has it own GPS).

Couple of questions can I connect the 2 if I connect a N2K back bone (I assume I'll have to get the extension cable with a socket for ST2 for  C70 and similar for the A70. If this is done will the C70 be able to pass the NMEA083 and R ST data to the A70 via the N2K network (Can the C70 effectively work as a converter)?

Is there another or a better way to do this?

At the moment I have up to date charts on the A70 (Over £100 to get it updated) and the C70 still has an out of date set of charts (It will cost over £200 to update the the C70 which doesn't use an SD card. It seems daft that I need to pay well over £300 to get both plotters up to date with the same charts!! Can the C70 see the updated charts on the A70 if they are connected?

Can the engine data for my D1-30B VP be collected without resorting to the VP Easy Connect?

It would be really useful to see all the data, especially the AIS,wind and such at the helm plotter when sailing. And up to date charts at the chart table.

Thanks in Advance for any help

diverphil

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: 33 cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2006
Re: Can I Get a Raymarine C70 to talk to an A series?
« Reply #1 on: July 15 2022, 12:39 »
the only part of these i can guess at is that the charts would not update on the c 70 as they re stored on the card (cf) on the individual machine, its possible the gps and waypoints heading etc  would be transferred as they would be normally on the network.
we would have the same issues if any of our set up quit, as analogue radar is not combatable with newer units and so on. end result would be an expensive re fit of the lot...c70, c80 and radar.