Author Topic: New style Bavaria Yacht interiors  (Read 8189 times)

GeorgeH

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria33
  • Boat Year: 2013
New style Bavaria Yacht interiors
« on: October 30 2011, 19:01 »
The new style interiors are a huge disappointment for many. A lot like loft living. Is it just my wife and I who feel the old interior was vastly superior? What chances that Bavaria will offer a better interior before we buy a B32 next year?

saltwaterlakey

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavara 46 cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2005
Re: New style Bavaria Yacht interiors
« Reply #1 on: November 28 2011, 03:12 »
The new ones look like a bad Hanse copy... Sushi bar style. I have a 2005 and prefer it greatly.

Nigel

• R.I.P.
  • Old Salt
    • Dolcetto - My Boat
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 47
  • Boat Year: 2000
« Reply #2 on: November 28 2011, 08:16 »
The new style interiors are a huge disappointment for many. A lot like loft living. Is it just my wife and I who feel the old interior was vastly superior?

I rather like the lighter woods in the new designs, but there is too much Perspex where there should be stowage.
Nigel Mercier: Forum Administrator

Hunros

• Swab
  • Boat Model: 34 Sport
  • Boat Year: 2012
« Reply #3 on: November 29 2011, 14:45 »
We used to hate the new interiors but when we started to consider a change, Steve at Clipper was fantastic and left us to spend a lot of time aboard over the space of a couple of weekends.   We are now waiting for our new toy to be built and arrive in the UK hopefully between Christmas and the New Year.

peter gibbs

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Ocean 38
  • Boat Year: 1998
« Reply #4 on: December 08 2011, 22:59 »
The new style interiors are a huge disappointment for many. A lot like loft living. Is it just my wife and I who feel the old interior was vastly superior? What chances that Bavaria will offer a better interior before we buy a B32 next year?

Agree with you, but so many have asked Bbavaria over past years for something lighter than mahogany (me included) without response. Now we don't like what they've done - perhaps it's not sufficiently "Baravia" and perhaps they did what they did because the traditional favourite, teak, is becoming a choice lacking in "environmental tact?"

I speak from a position of priviledge having an Ocean just laden with mahogany - loads of shelves and cupboards. Glorious. I don't see the lads at Giebelstadt reverting to this style again - would push Bavs way above their price point.

PWG

Hunros

• Swab
« Reply #5 on: December 09 2011, 22:50 »

Agree with you, but so many have asked Bbavaria over past years for something lighter than mahogany (me included) without response. Now we don't like what they've done - perhaps it's not sufficiently "Baravia" and perhaps they did what they did because the traditional favourite, teak, is becoming a choice lacking in "environmental tact?"

I speak from a position of priviledge having an Ocean just laden with mahogany - loads of shelves and cupboards. Glorious. I don't see the lads at Giebelstadt reverting to this style again - would push Bavs way above their price point.

PWG

I understand where you are coming from, we loved the traditional interior of our last two Bavaria sailboats and couldn't see us moving to the flat pack option that has become popular with the mainstream builders.  But as I said, Steve at Clipper was great when we started to look at the options to change to a motorboat and we spent a lot of time aboard the latest model with the light oak option.  After a couple of hours we fell in love with the layout and the style grew on us to the point we concluded the deal for our third Bavaria which comes off the production line at the end of January.  I will miss the sailing but was prepared to compromise on the power source to ensure domestic peace!

Yacht Breeze

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria Cruiser 40
  • Boat Year: 2011
« Reply #6 on: January 05 2012, 17:22 »
We were initially tempted to the light wood finish believing it to be much lighter below decks while at the same time making the space seem larger. However we ended up with a darker wood finish and are now pleased we didn't copt for the light finish. The light wood finish photographs well, which is probably why it's used in brochures and illustrations, but life is so much more cosy surrounded by the warm glow of the richer finishes.

We bought out Cruiser 40 last summer and have found very little that disappoints.

Well done for starting the forum - great place for Bav owners to swap ideas and experiences.

haydude

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 42 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2005
« Reply #7 on: February 05 2012, 19:06 »
What is worst is that it is not even wood! It is just laminate or rather "printed plastic".

The models up to 2008 are much better.

It isn't just Bavaria however, I saw the same on Janneau and Beneteau.

tony from dorset

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: bavaria 36 cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2004
« Reply #8 on: February 06 2012, 15:17 »
you can see ikea in most towns,    if you spend enough time looking at something you will almost always convince yourself ,    not for me next time  round

Hunros

• Swab
« Reply #9 on: February 06 2012, 18:32 »
everyone to their own I guess.

Our new Bav has now arrived and we love it.

stevem

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria Vision 42
  • Boat Year: 2015
« Reply #10 on: February 08 2012, 01:34 »
Reminds me of Starship Enterprise. Beam me up Scotty  Lets timewarp back to 2003