Author Topic: Kicker gas strut  (Read 1216 times)

Steve bee

• Cadet
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 38
  • Boat Year: 2003
Kicker gas strut
« on: June 20 2022, 19:30 »
Head’s up boys save some money
I recently needed to replace my kicker gas strut on my Bavaria 38. A quote from Selden was 525 pounds. I almost fell off my chair, I noticed on the forum sgs engineering mentioned they supplied the same item for 66 pounds delivered.
The only difference was theirs was 1inch longer not a problem just cut 1 inch off the internal tube.
Cheers Steve

Baddox

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 30 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2006
Re: Kicker gas strut
« Reply #1 on: June 24 2022, 21:24 »
Good luck with them.  I made the mistake of buying a strut from them which arrived broken.  A long string of emails, phone calls and written letter threatening small claims court action went unanswered other than an occasional request for pictures of the broken strut.

Moodymike

• Old Salt
« Reply #2 on: June 25 2022, 22:43 »
Not my experience, found them good to deal with.

Yngmar

• Administrator
  • Boat Model: 40 Ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
« Reply #3 on: June 26 2022, 09:36 »
Bought mine from SGS too, GS14-27-250-300 with 1200N force. Perfect fit.

They did mix up the address: The Italian marina's street address is "Corso Argentina" and tracking showed the item was being shipped to the country Argentina instead of Italy. I contacted SGS and they corrected it in transit, which caused some delays but I eventually received the item.

Apart from the adressing mistake, they were easy to contact, polite and got it sorted out. Quality is good. Probably would use again. Also paid 60 quid with shipping to Italy (before Brexaster).
Sailing Songbird  ⛵️ Bavaria 40 Ocean (2001)