Author Topic: My start as a sailor  (Read 2966 times)

fremme

• Cadet
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 42 Match
  • Boat Year: 2006
My start as a sailor
« on: June 15 2022, 14:38 »
Hello all!
Well , everyone has to start one day, and now it's time for me
My plan is to sell the house and move onto a suitable sailboat and hopefully – be able to travel around in the big world one day

And as I go - I'm trying to update a sort of blog : https://sailingksf.com/

Have a read if you have time and feel for it

Knut  2006 42 Match

Krumelur

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 40
  • Boat Year: 2010
Re: My start as a sailor
« Reply #1 on: June 16 2022, 08:53 »
Enjoy your new adventure! And with the Bavaria you have a perfect, reliable buddy to sail along with you!

Jeffatoms

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Ocean 38
  • Boat Year: 1998
« Reply #2 on: June 19 2022, 04:31 »
I looked at you website.  Keep it up!  Life is an adventure and one for you to enjoy.  Nice choice of boats.  Enjoy the process of making it yours.  I think bowthrusters are overrated and I hope that in no time you will no longer desire one, but if you really want one, you can add it.  My bet is the boat is very friendly and happy to please you.  Enjoy the journey.

fremme

• Cadet
« Reply #3 on: June 27 2022, 07:00 »
Enjoy your new adventure! And with the Bavaria you have a perfect, reliable buddy to sail along with you!

Thank you - yes happy so far - some smaller things to clear up and fix.  Like land charger was not set up for GEL batteries , and some electric cables was just missing.  Like the feedback connection from battery to alternator - it was just cut ?
The autopilot electric unit is making a grinding sound, but do work ok.  Have to open it and see how it looks inside. Need some grease maybe   
But I like the boat - it will be a nice and fun time ahead.

fremme

• Cadet
« Reply #4 on: June 27 2022, 07:07 »
I looked at you website.  Keep it up!  Life is an adventure and one for you to enjoy.  Nice choice of boats.  Enjoy the process of making it yours.  I think bowthrusters are overrated and I hope that in no time you will no longer desire one, but if you really want one, you can add it.  My bet is the boat is very friendly and happy to please you.  Enjoy the journey.

Thank you , yes I like the start so far.   
Sitting here in the marina now - in the sun and reading for my Yacht Master B (500 GT) exam.
Bowthrusters - yes - I will learn by time , but there are situations where a lite push in the side would be nice - hehe