Author Topic: Navigation lights wiring  (Read 793 times)

stevem

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria Vision 42
  • Boat Year: 2015
Navigation lights wiring
« on: June 08 2022, 18:46 »
Hi, currently have a port side nav light failure on my Vision 42 This is a sealed LED unit, to which power is getting through as the starboard side is illuminating and from the wiring diagrams they are supplied from the same feed. Does anyone now of the wiring routing or of a diagram/schematic that shows the actual physical cable routes. There should be a junction somewhere which is where i assume the point of failure is, but would be helpful if anyone new where exactly it is, or has experienced similar. Many thanks in advance and apologies if this has been covered already and my poor IT skills have failed to find the topic

Steve

Mirror45184

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 40
  • Boat Year: 2009
Re: Navigation lights wiring
« Reply #1 on: June 09 2022, 13:48 »
Hi,
I would check the failed nav light by wiring directly to a battery. As they are mounted on the pushpit and receive the full blast of water when cruising along they do fail. It is easier to remove the failed fitting at wire temporarily to a battery as a first step.
Cheers
PS The wires quite likely go down into the anchor locker and there would be a junction in there. follow down the aft leg of the pushpit and you will likely find the wires exit through this.
Mark Hutton
SV SYnergy
B40 Cruiser 2009