Author Topic: bimini recomendations  (Read 1195 times)

joe jazz

• Swab
  • Boat Model: bavaria 37 owners version
  • Boat Year: 2006
bimini recomendations
« on: May 18 2022, 17:22 »
Hi all,
Just bought a Bavaria 38 cruiser from 2008, i would really like some help regarding cockpit bimini for my boat please?

symphony2

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: B33
  • Boat Year: 2015
Re: bimini recomendations
« Reply #1 on: May 18 2022, 17:46 »
Don't think you will fid a ready made bimini as these are usually custom made, although you could try here cjmarine.co.uk as they made all the canvas work for Bavarias imported into UK. However shipping from here may prove difficult. There are canvas workers who make biminis in most major yachting centres, particularly where there are charter boats. Better to have a local person who can visit the boat, measure up, discuss the alternatives and fit the finished product.

Ailatan

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 44
  • Boat Year: 2003
« Reply #2 on: May 22 2022, 08:45 »
Hi Joe,
There are some boats (like mine) with very big biminis that arrive almost to the companionway hatch. I find this option very uncomfortable to exit the cockpit.
I am thinking on shortening the bimini and make some kind of removable join with the spryhood that I can use when I am moored

SYJetzt

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 46
  • Boat Year: 2005
« Reply #3 on: May 22 2022, 21:53 »
We are in the med and like our xxxl bimini, which streches 30cm over the sprayhood and back to the backstay. It covers the full beam, and has 3,6 x 4 Meter. Maybe uncomfortable to get on the foredeck, but shade is really necessary in the med. Ours is dark blue,but i would never choose dark blue canvas anymore. Our next one will be light grey, as the temperatures are more convinient.