Author Topic: New Dometic unit: fan not working and pipe frozen?  (Read 1127 times)

Krumelur

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 40
  • Boat Year: 2010
I’m done installing the CU84 and the VD14 and they are working.

The copper pipe work is very cold and has ice on the outside. Same for the ribs of the evaporator (not sure that’s the right word), I’m referring to the VD14 inside the fridge.

However, I have not seen the little fan running. As a result, the cold isn’t distributed within the fridge.
The fan is connected to +12V via the yellow green cord and the other is connected to I/C.

Ideas?

geoff

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: 40 ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
Re: New Dometic unit: fan not working and pipe frozen?
« Reply #1 on: May 13 2022, 21:44 »
As standard the evaporator fan only runs if the thermostat switches the compressor on . It was recommended to me by a fridge engineer that I connect the little fan to run all the time . It uses a tiny amount of power and keeps the evaporator from icing up. I have run mine this way for a long time.I am not certain which terminal I connected the positive to but I think it was the thermostat pos feed

Krumelur

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 40
  • Boat Year: 2010
Re: New Dometic unit: fan not working and pipe frozen?
« Reply #2 on: May 14 2022, 00:41 »
That was a good hint. I checked again and the Connector of the gray cables going to the fan reads “F” which is negative 12V. The compressor fan is also connected to this one.
Now the fan is spinning! Thanks!