Author Topic: recent Cherbourg visit anybody?  (Read 1047 times)

geoff

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: 40 ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
recent Cherbourg visit anybody?
« on: May 11 2022, 13:12 »
We are planning to go back to France for the first time since covid etc made life difficult. Has anybody experience of a visit this year that may be of help . I have looked at the UK c1331 form which is a bit daunting for a luddite ,but I guess I will cope. Geoff

IslandAlchemy

• Old Salt
Re: recent Cherbourg visit anybody?
« Reply #1 on: May 11 2022, 13:22 »
I believe that on arrival (after going to the marina to pay), you need to walk to the Police station to get your passports stamped.  You also need to get them stamped prior to departure.

Otherwise, I believe that you don't need to do anything else on the French side.

IslandAlchemy

• Old Salt

JEN-et-ROSS

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 38 Lagoon
  • Boat Year: 1990
« Reply #3 on: May 11 2022, 22:11 »
After Brexit..??
.Why bother..?? I've got friends who spent time in France, Spain and Portugal during the last year or so and discovered that being a 'Brit' was an 'issue'...
No where near as uncomplicated as it was..
This is a couple of experienced long distance cruisers. ( RYA yacht master instructor and examiner)
They're now back having decided that it is not at all easy anymore, not after Brexit...............

Clivert

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 34
« Reply #4 on: May 12 2022, 17:04 »
Contact Hamon Magali at magali.hamon@cherbourg.fr .
He recently contacted me about returning post Brexit with all you need to know in an email.
Clive
S/V WISH

geoff

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: 40 ocean
« Reply #5 on: May 29 2022, 16:00 »
Update.  been in France now for a couple of weeks. Entry Police in Cherbourg were as bemused with it all as we were. They thought that my wife,s new blue passport meant that she was Irish and did not need a stamp! All in all  very easy , now in Roscoff and nobody is any more interested in paperwork than pre you know what. Geoff