Author Topic: Spinnaker sheet setup  (Read 1764 times)

elias

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 44
  • Boat Year: 2003
Spinnaker sheet setup
« on: January 02 2022, 17:38 »
Hi to all ,
I ll extend the thread “ clutches on jib sheets” form dear user diverphil.
Does anybody has experience on spinnaker sheet setup on similar boat (bv44) . At the moment we fly a small assy with the sheet passing trough the fixed roller block or the genoa sheet car. We are on the process of acquiring a larger so we are considering if this setup will work and we think to move the spinnaker sheet as stern as possible as on the foto . Any ideas or pics with application will be appreciated !

symphony2

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: B33
  • Boat Year: 2015
Re: Spinnaker sheet setup
« Reply #1 on: January 02 2022, 18:42 »
I have used similar set up on both my boats - but old fashioned 8mm double spliced eyes with blocks, looped to the base of the mooring cleat. A dedicated ring plate though bolted to the deck woul be better but difficult to fond a suitable flat space on a Bavaria deck moulding.

elias

• Old Salt
« Reply #2 on: January 02 2022, 21:04 »
You mean something like this https://marine.wichard.com/en/stainless-steel-hardware/fastenings/folding-pad-eyes/single/part-6605 ? Your solution with the eye from the stern cleat did it had any issues ?

sy_Anniina

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 40
  • Boat Year: 2001
« Reply #3 on: January 03 2022, 06:00 »
We (J&J Bav 40) use pretty close the Selden "Method 3" sheeting displayed at https://support.seldenmast.com/files/595-560-E.pdf

Our boat has ready turning blocks mounted on stern corners, but on our previous boat we lashed blocks to stern cleats.

For Asymmetric / cruising chute the setup is quite similar minus the windward guy plus gennaker forward end downhaul which is routed the same way as spinnaker boom downhaul

BR,

Tommi
s/y Anniina

elias

• Old Salt
« Reply #4 on: January 03 2022, 15:33 »
Great, since we go for assy on top down furler on diy retractable bowsprit , so the tack of the assy will be fixed and will just have to add the blocks turning or low friction ring . All that though in theory …

Mirror45184

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 40
  • Boat Year: 2009
« Reply #5 on: January 07 2022, 16:11 »
elias,

use turning blocks on a dynema strop threaded through the aft mooring cleats. then run the sheets up to the halyard winches. At least that is what I do.

Cheers
Mark Hutton
SV SYnergy
B40 Cruiser 2009