Author Topic: New owner - Bavaria 40  (Read 3330 times)

Krumelur

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 40
  • Boat Year: 2010
New owner - Bavaria 40
« on: October 03 2021, 19:14 »
Hi!

I’m currently on the island of Elba in Italy and completed the purchase of my 2010 Bavaria 40.
I found this forum while searching for a solution for the crappy motor lifters of the bathing platform.
Looks like a nice place to hang out  ;D

Is anybody around here in the area?

René

jamesmyspot

• Swab
Re: New owner - Bavaria 40
« Reply #1 on: October 14 2021, 07:57 »
No unfortunately but i would like to be!  ...enjoy

Yngmar

• Administrator
  • Boat Model: 40 Ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
« Reply #2 on: October 14 2021, 11:56 »
Welcome :)

Our boat is in Sicily, alas we're currently not!
Sailing Songbird  ⛵️ Bavaria 40 Ocean (2001)

Krumelur

• Old Salt
« Reply #3 on: October 22 2021, 13:24 »
What could be the reason I'm no longer able to create new posts? I can still reply to existing ones, though?

Krumelur

• Old Salt
« Reply #4 on: October 25 2021, 06:41 »
Our boat is in Sicily, alas we're currently not!

Would you mind sending me some Information about the marina you’re in? As we were planning to eventually move the boat over to Croatia I may need a birth down in the south of Italy and I am considering Sicily. Some first-hand information about pricing and the general situation would be much appreciated.

Yngmar

• Administrator
  • Boat Model: 40 Ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
« Reply #5 on: October 25 2021, 14:42 »
We're in Licata. Prices are good, marina generally good too, great liveaboard community. But there's been issues with the breakwater getting smashed in by waves one winter (now repaired) and some very unpleasant business where they tried to stomp down on boaters DIYing (while letting locals do the same job no questions asked), which caused a small rebellion and loss of customers.

The other popular place is Ragusa, which has excellent shelter, costs a bit more, but problems with the harbour entrance silting up and the boatyard has the worst reputation.

Boatyards in Italy are generally not that great and expensive, so we sailed to Greece to haul out there instead, which was excellent (Preveza).

There's also Capo D'orlando on the North side of the island, but never been there.

If you like it quiet, Rocella Ionica on the bottom of the Italian boot is nice, but the community small and you're way out of town (need bicycles at least).
Sailing Songbird  ⛵️ Bavaria 40 Ocean (2001)