Member Forums > Bavaria Yacht Help!

Seacocks

(1/3) > >>

billandangela:
We have all read a lot about the unreliability of seacocks....for example in YM.  The seacocks on my 7 year old B32 look fine but I know looks are not everything when it comes to corrosion and sudden failure. The material is not stated on the seacock.  Does anyone know if Bavarias' are trustworthy ? Anyone had a failure or needed to replace ?

Moodymike:
I to have a B32. The seacocks are the same as I had on my previous 3 Moody's. All gave good service over many years.

vikinglish:
Think this whole topic has been dramatised a bit IMHO.  On Bavs the smaller seacocks are poorer quality in terms of corrosion resistance than the larger seacocks, but comparable to those found on other yachts.

solar:
They made of NO DRZ brass not Merlone or Bonze as they should be.
I'm changing my 2 under water seacocks asap!No point waiting them to sink the boat.
Maybe we should contact BAV and ask them to show some resposability for thier boats?

CRYSTAL:
I did contact Bavaria and you'll be surprised with their reply. They said the Bavaria seacocks are Brass and should last at least 15 years. I checked my seacocks on mine which are almost 5 years old and 'seem' fine after lightly sanding it which brought back the light yellowish color back from the brownish / copper color which should indicate that the material is still intact / good condition.

Any recommendations? Bronze or plastic like Forespar Merlone?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version