Author Topic: Modify Salon Table  (Read 3149 times)

maurifuma

• Swab
  • Boat Model: 32 sport HT
  • Boat Year: 2007
Modify Salon Table
« on: September 08 2021, 14:04 »
Hi everybody, I am new to this forum and I own a Sport 32HT on Lake Maggiore, in Italy.
On several pictures I have seen, I have noticed the salon table on a height  adjustable stand while on my Bavaria, the salon table sits on a fixed double/leg stand with shelf.
To be honest, sitting around that table is a challenge for the knees and I would like to modify the table and use a single aluminum leg. When I checked the original table, I have noticed that not only is assembled with screws, but it is also glued together for robustness.
Is there one of you that have entertained this modification (it would require an invasive disassembly of the tabletop from the stand.
Thank you for your inputs.
Maurizio

sy_Anniina

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 40
  • Boat Year: 2001
Re: Modify Salon Table
« Reply #1 on: September 08 2021, 14:44 »
No first hand experience (yet) but I have been planning to do the same job in our Bavaria sailing yacht from 2001.

One possible supplier for telescopic parts could be https://www.tischlereibehn.de/cgi-bin/Artikel_eng.pl?LinkFAQ=cgi-bin/FAQ_Test_eng.pl&LinkBack=../english/moebel_eng.php&LinkName=M%C3%B6bel&Profil=(STF)%27(STE)%27(STT)

If both screwd and glued, I would try an oscillating multitool - most marks under table would be covered by now mounting flange

BR
Tommi
s/y Anniina

maurifuma

• Swab
« Reply #2 on: September 09 2021, 10:51 »
Thank you for your prompt reply. Indeed I was thinking to use a tool like you described. It is a one way solution but I am convinced that the usability will be greatly improved with this modification. As far as telescopic support, I typically buy them from Osculati that has the headquarter near my office in Milano. My doubt was really about the how to remove the tabletop from the original stand and I will go for the modification in winter when we do not use the boat.
Again, thank you very much for the reply: it is great to have friends around the world!
Ciao

maurifuma

• Swab
« Reply #3 on: September 26 2021, 18:16 »
Hi Tommi, thanks to your suggestion, I have successfully removed the fixed stand and replaced it with a collapsable stand: gained a lot of accessibility when sitting at the table.
Thank you again!