Author Topic: Gas Regulator  (Read 3561 times)

Moodymike

• Old Salt
Gas Regulator
« on: July 24 2021, 16:26 »
I am thinking of replacing my Gas regulator (B32 2003). Has anyone obtained the same type as factory fitted?

tiger79

• Old Salt
  • 2014 Cruiser 37
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 37
  • Boat Year: 2014
Re: Gas Regulator
« Reply #1 on: July 24 2021, 17:10 »
I'd replace it with a new marine-grade regulator.  Here's one - https://www.force4.co.uk/item/Force-4/GasBOAT-Campingaz-Regulator/DZT

Yngmar

• Administrator
  • Boat Model: 40 Ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
« Reply #2 on: July 24 2021, 21:28 »
As the label reads, the original Bavaria regulator is made by GOK. SVB has them in stock, with and without pressure gauge: https://www.svb24.com/en/category/cooking-cooling-heating-gas-on-board-valves-pressure-regulators.html

You should probably also replace the pressure relief valve while you're at it: https://www.svb24.com/en/gok-safety-gaz-gas-container-valve.html
Sailing Songbird  ⛵️ Bavaria 40 Ocean (2001)

SimonS

• Cadet
  • Boat Model: Bav 32
  • Boat Year: 2003
« Reply #3 on: August 05 2021, 18:51 »
I suspect that is the original gas hose too. UK regs say that the hose should be replaced every 5 years and the regulator every 10 so they are both well past being due. 
I've just done mine and although I could undo the hose from the regulator (lefthand thread) I couldn't budge the other three connections.  I had it done professionally and it was £119 inc vat (£50 labour, £69 parts) to supply and fit the two new hoses, regulator, shutoff valve and fit a pressure test point. Test and certification of the whole system was a further £80.  Money well spent in my view.

Klausen

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 37 cr
  • Boat Year: 2006
« Reply #4 on: August 05 2021, 23:01 »
Coincidence, this week I purchased new equipment for my BAV 37c according to the german rules.

Moodymike

• Old Salt
« Reply #5 on: August 27 2021, 11:42 »
Can anyone tell me if the hose from the regulator to the boat is a left or RH thread?

SimonS

• Cadet
  • Boat Model: Bav 32
  • Boat Year: 2003
« Reply #6 on: August 27 2021, 17:02 »
If that is attached to the original regulator the it's LH thread.

Moodymike

• Old Salt
« Reply #7 on: August 27 2021, 18:15 »
It is the original regulator, why did Bavaria use steel joint fittings , I am sure the fitting within the gas box will Have to be cut of just like the one at the oven end. Has anyone unscrewed the gas box to gain access instead on crawling around in the rear rudder housing?

symphony2

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: B33
  • Boat Year: 2015
« Reply #8 on: August 27 2021, 19:16 »
Not easy to find replacements for those horrible steel fittings. I replaced the whole system on my 2001 boat when I replaced the cooker. No consolation but the installation on newer boats are much better.

IRL-BV32

• Cadet
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 32
  • Boat Year: 2005
« Reply #9 on: June 08 2022, 20:56 »
Hello everyone.
I want to replace the regulator and the gas hose but I am finding it impossible to release the connector that I indicate in the image, and that joins it to the boat,  a  2005-BV32
Could someone tell me how I can do it?

paulemeier1

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 37.2 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2006
« Reply #10 on: June 08 2022, 21:39 »
You have to turn to the left side I thing.

IRL-BV32

• Cadet
« Reply #11 on: June 09 2022, 09:46 »
Thank you for your reply Paulemeier1.
Is my interpretation of turning to the left correct, how does it indicate me?

Yngmar

• Administrator
  • Boat Model: 40 Ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
« Reply #12 on: June 09 2022, 10:13 »
If below picture is your bulkhead fitting, then it's the other left that should loosen it  :D

Sailing Songbird  ⛵️ Bavaria 40 Ocean (2001)

Moodymike

• Old Salt
« Reply #13 on: June 09 2022, 11:14 »
If only the Bavaria fittings were brass like your illustration, they appear to be steel and seize over time . I had to cut mine off the cooker joint

IRL-BV32

• Cadet
« Reply #14 on: June 09 2022, 16:08 »
Thanks for your help.
In the end, with some effort and a lot of descaling product, I was able to release the gas hose.
To say that my doubts arose when, despite doing what I thought was correct, it was not possible for me to loosen the nut, and even less so, when according to what I read in a few posts above, interpreting that the thread tightened to the left, what he did that will change my way of proceeding.
Finally, I can say, for those who may be interested, that the thread tightens to the right, so to loosen it, you have to turn to the left.

Moodymike

• Old Salt
« Reply #15 on: June 09 2022, 22:55 »
Are you saying that you managed to release the original nut. We’re you then able to attach the new hose successfully.? New pipe olive?

IRL-BV32

• Cadet
« Reply #16 on: June 09 2022, 23:52 »
Are you saying that you managed to release the original nut. We’re you then able to attach the new hose successfully.? New pipe olive?
Correct, in the end I was able to unscrew the nut of the bulkhead support, and thus free the gas hose.

SYJetzt

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 46
« Reply #17 on: June 10 2022, 07:24 »
Concerning the question of left- or right handed tread:
Under german gas installation  rules, under which Bavaria boats are built, following is applying:
If the nut has a notch, it is a left handed thread, otherwise  a RH thread. See marking circle on attached photo

IRL-BV32

• Cadet
« Reply #18 on: June 10 2022, 10:02 »
Concerning the question of left- or right handed tread:
Under german gas installation  rules, under which Bavaria boats are built, following is applying:
If the nut has a notch, it is a left handed thread, otherwise  a RH thread. See marking circle on attached photo

Thank you very much for the clarification. Surely more than one of us who did not know that detail comes in handy.

Ronan

• Swab
  • Bavaria 32
  • Boat Model: B32
  • Boat Year: 1998
« Reply #19 on: June 01 2023, 08:48 »
Hello,

I'm coming to this post rather late but I have a similar problem! I need to replace the hose from the regulator to the bulkhead as per posts and photographs above, however I cannot source the correct hose with the Left hand thread  for connection to the regulator and the right hand thread to attach to the bulkhead fitting.  Could anyone advise where I might get this?

Many thanks in advance,

Ronan.

IRL-BV32

• Cadet
« Reply #20 on: June 01 2023, 16:19 »
Hello,

I'm coming to this post rather late but I have a similar problem! I need to replace the hose from the regulator to the bulkhead as per posts and photographs above, however I cannot source the correct hose with the Left hand thread  for connection to the regulator and the right hand thread to attach to the bulkhead fitting.  Could anyone advise where I might get this?

Many thanks in advance,

Ronan.
Hello.
I have acquired everything related to the gas installation in my BV-32, from the following website:
https://www.campingwagner.de/search_result.php?c=Gasinstallation_-%253e_Gasschl%C3%A4uche

Ronan

• Swab
  • Bavaria 32
  • Boat Model: B32
  • Boat Year: 1998
« Reply #21 on: June 01 2023, 19:16 »
Thanks so much for advice!

Regards & Thanks,

Ronan.

ThomasPi

• Swab
  • Boat Model: B38
« Reply #22 on: July 15 2023, 09:55 »
So I manneged  to get the hose released from the Steel elbow. The Steel elbow you have to turn right to tighten, as discussed in here, but everyting you buy in the world of gas turns left, so how did you replace? My New hose is a lefty,  My New regulator is a left...
So is there a adapter for the righty elbow?
My temp solution is to use the bavaria suppliede right hose and cut it up, asemble it with a lifty hose. The end resultesult a lefty/righty hose. Not a good solution still using some of the old hose...

Krumelur

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 40
  • Boat Year: 2010
« Reply #23 on: July 17 2023, 11:03 »
Looking at your pictures, I notice you have 50mbar valves installed. At least in caravans, all systems are 30mbar these days.
As I also need a replacement, I wonder which one I should order? I'm not at the boat to see what is installed, so cannot tell if in 2010 they still used 50mbar.