Author Topic: Washboard Perspex!  (Read 1091 times)

MagicalArmchair

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria
  • Boat Year: 2002
Washboard Perspex!
« on: April 03 2021, 20:48 »
Our washboard has broken, where is the best place to source matching plastic I can cut a replacement out from please?

symphony2

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: B33
  • Boat Year: 2015
Re: Washboard Perspex!
« Reply #1 on: April 03 2021, 22:19 »
Plenty of suppliers either on line or local. Worth shopping around as prices vary. From memory it is 8mm smoked. I have always used a local signmaker and expect there will be one near you who will be able to machine it to size, finish the edges and drill for the lock. Worth considering splitting it horizontally 70/30 with a downward facing cut and a teak baffle over the join. fitbarrel bolts to the lower part and it can act as a baffle to keep water out - comforting in the rough stuff when water can come into the cockpit. Makes the washboard easier to handle as well and if you get the split right you can still stow in the brackets in the aft cabin. One of my better mods on my 37.

Jeffatoms

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Ocean 38
  • Boat Year: 1998
Re: Washboard Perspex!
« Reply #2 on: April 04 2021, 03:47 »
That improvement sounds interesting.  Please share photos.  My need for a possible new one arose after attempting to polish mine today with a 3M automobile headlight cleaner kit. It got rid of the scratches but looks terrible.  I'll give it another go tomorrow.