Author Topic: Fresh water in owners cabin and bilge  (Read 1411 times)

Fernlicht

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 46 Style
  • Boat Year: 2018
Fresh water in owners cabin and bilge
« on: October 25 2020, 17:55 »
Hi Forum,
I own a cruiser 46 style 2018 since Feb this year.
When I went cruising with my family I discovered, after sailing and a heal of 20/25 degrees, fresh water in the bilge especially in
the front / owners cabin of around 10 litres. My fresh water tanks were totally full, especially the front.
Could it be that in such situations the tank loses water, because of heal and the up and downs?
Secondly, I discovered that the forward tank does not provide water into the system, because its always full. I wanted to fill it up
when the aft tank was empty but it was still 100% full. Is there a lever, valve or anything that i have to open? Or should both
tanks provide water into the system equally?
Thanks for every hint
Chris

Yngmar

• Administrator
  • Boat Model: 40 Ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
Re: Fresh water in owners cabin and bilge
« Reply #1 on: October 25 2020, 18:21 »
Yup, it's very possible that the tank inspection hatches or sensor fittings leak when heeling and not when level. You'll have to look at them while the boat is heeled over.

Our boat has a lever near the freshwater pump which selects which tank the pump draws from.
Sailing Songbird  ⛵️ Bavaria 40 Ocean (2001)

Fernlicht

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 46 Style
  • Boat Year: 2018
Re: Fresh water in owners cabin and bilge
« Reply #2 on: October 25 2020, 21:42 »
Ok, I found the 2 switches to change the tanks. They are located port in the head locker.
1st problem solved.. 2nd need to go sailing but it seems due to corona it will not be this year.
Keep updating, thx