Author Topic: Interior Chrome Light Switches  (Read 3487 times)

sailprincess

• First Mate
    • Sailing With Bloom
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 40
  • Boat Year: 2002
Interior Chrome Light Switches
« on: October 21 2017, 00:54 »
The little round, black rocker switch popped out of one of my round interior chrome cabin lights (2002 Bav 40) and the switch isn't working. Can anyone send a link to one on Amazon or other that ships to the USA that is an easy swap to fix this? I would like to fix the light rather than put a whole new one in.... cheers!

Salty

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
Re: Interior Chrome Light Switches
« Reply #1 on: October 21 2017, 05:41 »
I can't send you a link, but a few years ago I replaced several switches with some that I'd purchased from a "Maplin" store in the UK. Maplin is a branch of what you call Radio Shack in the USA. The switches I bought were almost the exact size to use as a replacement, but the hole for the switch within the light fitting just needed to be opened up by about a millimetre. This was an easy job to do with a round file. New connectors also needed to be fitted to the switch leads, but that too was easy enough for me to do.
However, since then I've taken out all of the original light fittings and replaced them with LEDs, and now have a box full of the old fittings.

Salty

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
« Reply #2 on: October 22 2017, 16:47 »
Further to my posting yesterday, below is a photo of two of my deckhead lights, the one on the right has the original FAWO light switch, while the one on the left has a replacement switch obtained from Maplin. As you can see there is a slight difference in appearance, but not a lot.
Note, for unknown reasons the photos have turned upside down in the posting, but when opened they appear the right way around (at least they do on my iPad !!). If in doubt the fitting with the original FAWO switch is the one with the yellow LEDs, while in the photo showing the reverse of the lights, the FAWO switch is the one with the white switch body.

tiger79

• Old Salt
  • 2014 Cruiser 37
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 37
  • Boat Year: 2014
« Reply #3 on: October 22 2017, 17:23 »
The white rocker switch is a BJB 43.409 switch.  If you Google, you should find a supplier.