Author Topic: Holding tank deck fittings  (Read 1694 times)

ICENI

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 32
  • Boat Year: 2002
Holding tank deck fittings
« on: February 16 2020, 17:10 »
This fit out time, I propose installing a holding tank to my Bavaria 32 J & J 2002.

I propose fitting a Tek Tanks 60 litre tank in the lazarette bolted to the aft face of the bulkhead adjacent to the heads.

I have measured up and am ready to order.

However I am having difficulty in sourcing a deck fitting for emptying/flushing.

I have scrolled through the various chandlers websites and have come up with nothing.

On my previous boat I installed a custom holding tank and the supplier at the time came up with both a flush out fitting and an emptying one.   All I can find are diesel and water fillers.

I hope to fit a seacock in the lazarette as near to under the (out) fitting at the bottom of the tank.   Above the lazarette floor so it is accessible  but obviously to starboard.   The old fitting was siezed solid as the boat before I purchased her had been laid up for several years unused.    I have removed it and intend when the weather is warm enough to bevel the hole from outside the hull and glass up substantially.

Can anyone help please?

Symphony

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 33
  • Boat Year: 2015
Re: Holding tank deck fittings
« Reply #1 on: February 16 2020, 18:26 »
Tek Tanks should be able to supply the pump out deck fitting. If not try Lee Sanitation

ICENI

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 32
  • Boat Year: 2002
Re: Holding tank deck fittings
« Reply #3 on: February 29 2020, 13:17 »
Thanks guys.