Author Topic: Bav 40 Ocean - Amber Battery Light - Panel 16  (Read 3431 times)

Nashira

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 40 Ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
Bav 40 Ocean - Amber Battery Light - Panel 16
« on: March 02 2013, 21:22 »
G'day All,

I read Jolo's post and others' comments regarding the wiring issue; however, I'm not sure at this point where my malfunction originates.

I'm on the hard and I had the external power connected to ships electrical system to perform improvements below. A day or so into the project, the amber light illuminated - on Panel 16 it is in the centre of the panel above a green battery light.

The Bavaria Owners Manual schematics for electrical are illegible.

I've two 200ah house batteries. I isolated the stbd and port batteries. Each battery shows 13.20v using a Fluke. Every time I connect the primary house battery (stbd), the amber light illuminates. Both GelTech batteries are cool to touch. Taking a jumper wire from the + terminal of the port battery to the primary battery +, the amber light illuminates. It appears the caution light illuminates irrespective of the power source.

Does anyone have a readable wiring diagram for the Panel 16 they'd care to share? Has anyone had a similar problem and how did you manage the rectification?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Ed

njsail

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 40 Ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
Re: Bav 40 Ocean - Amber Battery Light - Panel 16
« Reply #1 on: March 05 2013, 11:58 »
I wish I had the answer for you but I don't.  I have 5 house AGM batteries and I've never seen the amber light come on.  I've gotten reverse polarity from the dock power on occassion.  When I had the batteries installed I also had that part of the system rewired.  It was a mess due some mods a prior owner made.   There was no way to isolate the starting battery from the house bank and some of the mods didn't have the correct wire sizes. All fixed now. 

If you do find schematics that are readable please let me know.  I would be "very" interested.  Little by little I'm rewiring / replacing.