Author Topic: OPTI Zip Sliders for Bavaria Seat Cushions & Matresses  (Read 6319 times)

Nigel

• R.I.P.
  • Old Salt
    • Dolcetto - My Boat
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 47
  • Boat Year: 2000
Further to this thread, where I discovered that generic zip sliders do not fit the OPTI zips on my seat cushions. It is likely that Bavaria use OPTI zips a lot, as they made in Germany.

The old sliders are corroded, most broke when I tried to move them. I need at least another 40 sliders as I want to wash the covers and replace some of the foam. Ten OPTI No3 sliders on eBay are £1 each in this quantity.

I am in contact with the manufacturer, I can order direct if the order is over ?100. No prices yet, but if there is enough interest I could place a bulk order. If you need some, put your user ID and quantity below. No commitment at this stage. I will get prices when I have an idea of numbers, but they must be cheaper than eBay.
Nigel Mercier: Forum Administrator

Nigel

• R.I.P.
  • Old Salt
    • Dolcetto - My Boat
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 47
  • Boat Year: 2000
Re: OPTI Zip Sliders for Bavaria Seat Cushions & Matresses
« Reply #1 on: October 15 2015, 17:38 »
Nigel: 40
Nigel Mercier: Forum Administrator

Yngmar

• Administrator
  • Boat Model: 40 Ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
« Reply #2 on: October 16 2015, 18:30 »
That eBay listing states that they are S40 WERRA HF type sliders. S40 being the size and type of zipper, the rest is the type of handle.

Armed with that information, you can find them plentiful on the Googles in all colours of the rainbow. For example at 0.20 EUR each (Fulda rather than Werra HF handle, but you probably can't feel the difference sitting on it).

If you're doing a bulk order somewhere near that price, I'll probably have a bag full, but I need to check my cushions first :)
Sailing Songbird  ⛵️ Bavaria 40 Ocean (2001)

Osprey

• Cadet
  • Boat Model: 34
« Reply #3 on: January 20 2016, 15:54 »
If any sliders have been acquired, I would also like some (40)

Osprey

• Cadet
  • Boat Model: 34
« Reply #4 on: February 16 2016, 16:50 »
I have now sourced OPTI sliders size 3 from alansalterations.com via eBay