Announcements and FAQs > Announcements

Forums moving

(1/1)

Yngmar:
Before Nigel (the founder of these forums) died, he handed over the reins to me. Unfortunately we couldn't finish the handover in time and some things were left out of my control. I had access to the forum administrator account, but not to the underlying server or control of the domain name.

Things kept running for a while, but unfortunately something seems to have happened to the domain now. So I've set up a new server (under my control) and restored a current backup of the forum database. Unfortunately I can't download the attachments in bulk, so these are missing for now (new attachments should work though). Hopefully I will be able to recover these with some hacking.

The domain is also gone and may be for good. If it is, I will register a new one, although there's some hope left for recovering the original one. Either way, things will go on, and of course remain free forever, as Nigel promised. Please do not make any Paypal donations for the time being, as the old Paypal account is one of the things out of reach. I might set up a new one later to help with the costs of the server and new domain, although so far they're very small.

Yngmar:
Attachments are now enabled again and I've rescued 98% of the attachments (and custom avatars) from the old server and restored them here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version