Author Topic: Cooker Replacement - Bavaria 30  (Read 4560 times)

Dek

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 30
  • Boat Year: 2006
Cooker Replacement - Bavaria 30
« on: September 01 2012, 20:07 »
I want to replace my cooker with one with a grill.  Favourite is Platimo Neptune 4500.
Anyone done this?
If possible I want to fit and retain the folding cooker cover so as not to lose valuable workspace.

Tiarri

• Swab
  • Boat Model: 37
  • Boat Year: 1999
Re: Cooker Replacement - Bavaria 30
« Reply #1 on: September 02 2012, 19:54 »
Just replaced the cooker on my Bavaria 37 with a Neptune 4500.  Fairly easy swap although the Neptune is a little narrower so a 20mm packer required at the gimbal mountings. I assume your Bavaria 30 would have the same recess size if your original cooker was a Techimpex. In this case you will not be able to keep the folding cover as the pan holders on the Neptune finish just above the work surface ( assuming you want the cooker to have room to gimbal). The gimbal arc is also slightly less due to the height but should be adequate for most needs. Benefits outweigh the cons in my view i.e. Thermostatic oven temperature, electronic ignition and of course the all important toast :)

Hope this helps.

Symphony

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 33
  • Boat Year: 2015
« Reply #2 on: September 07 2012, 18:41 »
As already noted, to get a grill all the cookers are too high to fit under the cover. When I replaced mine I fitted a Pacific 2500 which is the same as the Neptune but without the grill. Does not bother me as I find grills messy for cooking and toast using one of the patent toasters on the hob is fine (but not a great toast fan). Cooker is fine, but if I had gone for the higher ones I would have fitted a Nelson Spinflo which seems to me a bit better made, but they don't do it without the grill.

Whatever you buy will be better than the Techimpex.

Dek

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 30
  • Boat Year: 2006
« Reply #3 on: September 09 2012, 19:20 »
Many thanks for the replies, big help in making my decision.
Derek