Member Forums > Bavaria Yacht Help!

Breakdown and failure survey - please contribute

<< < (15/15)

Petef:
Great list and I will add my two pence worth later. I've recently purchased a Bavaria 34 Cruiser (Built 2007 as a 2008 Model for the Southampton/London boat shows). I notice there is no mention of Rudder or Steering specific problems (that I could see other than salt water ingress).

Petef:
Also Deck and deck hardware (unless its water ingress).

Boat is a recent Purchase.

I've changed the Volvo Folding prop (you could wiggle the blades side to side, plus they were very pitted) for a Flex o Fold.

Rudder felt like it had a wobble freely turned (surveyor suggested tightening the top bearing, which I've done. Yet to take it out for trial.

The teak decking is lifting, wouldn't be so bad but the previous owner just screwed it down with non stainless screws which are rusting away and where not rusting, are a devil to remove as the heads are rounding.

Front Cabin door doesn't close properly surveyor and I have checked the bulkhead and all seems ok.

Rear cabin door handle faulty, I think its the spring to bring the handle back in position.

Exhaust elbow corroded (sea water restriction and blockage of heat exchanger  by impeller bits and gunge. Removed the impeller bits and soaked the tubes in a litre of white vinegar (cost 56p) then cleared stubborn bits with curtain wire)

Exhaust pipe from elbow to silencer coming apart, replaced with new pipe.

Managed to loose a socket whilst working on the engine as I didn't realise there was a gap, unable to retrieve but prevented further loss by packing the gap with rags.

hxppmwf:
2015 C46

8. l  prop fell off, no reason
9. s, m

Smeaks:

--- Quote from: Odysseus on January 29 2018, 09:46 ---Odysseus
Bav 38

The only issue I have  had is the blue strip on the coatchroof fading.

That's all.

--- End quote ---

Use some facella polishing compound on it and it polishes up like new.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version