Author Topic: Bavaria cruser 38 2004 - 25KG Delta anchor - will it fit?  (Read 2714 times)

icarusbop

• Swab
So I've done a lot of rummaging around and the best advice I found is get the biggest anchor that will fit on your bow roller.

Does any know if a 25KG Delta anchor will fit on the bow roller of a 2004 38 cruiser?

Thanks.

Neil

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 39
  • Boat Year: 2006
Well yes and no.

I use a 25kg Rocna, which I am very happy with. I previously had a 20Kg CQR, which was useless. The 25Kg rocna fits my 2006 B39 cruiser bow roller fine.

For me the older style plough anchors do not set as well or hold as well when set as the newer style. If you are considering a Rocna they have a template for a cardboard one that you can try on your bow roller on the web site.

Lazy Pelican

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 39
  • Boat Year: 2006
You're probably being over cautious. We have a 20kg Spade on our B39 and being in Greece anchor 95% of the time. Never had a problem with it & it fits on the bow roller.

Impavidus

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria C 37
  • Boat Year: 2015
icarusbop, You may wish to think about what else will fit, there are better performing anchors than the Delta and CQR which will fit and give better holding power; such as the Mansion supreme and the Ronca. The Delta is classed as a "plough" anchor and there is a reason for that!

Size matters, but performance is king!  :o :o :o :o :o

Ant.   
Visit our YouTube channel here:  https://www.youtube.com/c/SVImpavidusAntCidSailing