Author Topic: Jabsco fresh water pump servicing  (Read 3307 times)

Neil

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 39
  • Boat Year: 2006
Jabsco fresh water pump servicing
« on: April 07 2017, 11:13 »
My fresh water pump (Jabsco Par max 2.9 40psi ) failed last week so I replaced it with a new one. I noticed the service kit is just short of half the price of a new one. Is it worth paying for the kit and servicing the old broken one for a spare or is it for the bin?

Ricd

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: 34
  • Boat Year: 2000
Re: Jabsco fresh water pump servicing
« Reply #1 on: April 07 2017, 16:12 »
Must be honest, when mine failed (leaked)about 4 years ago I bought a new one but kept the old one (non-repaired) so is now occupying space in the garage.  I bet if the new one fails I will buy another :)

tiger79

• Old Salt
  • 2014 Cruiser 37
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 37
  • Boat Year: 2014
« Reply #2 on: April 07 2017, 21:32 »
My fresh water pump (Jabsco Par max 2.9 40psi ) failed last week so I replaced it with a new one. I noticed the service kit is just short of half the price of a new one. Is it worth paying for the kit and servicing the old broken one for a spare or is it for the bin?

I guess it depends on the mode of failure of the old one.  If it was just the valves, a service kit should get it going again.  If the motor stopped working, a service kit wouldn't be much use.

Noelio Abrunhosa

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 38 cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2005
« Reply #3 on: April 10 2017, 10:33 »
hi
On my pump the pressure switched had coroded. the terminals just fell off as i put the tester to it. bypassed the switched and pump ran fine, so i ordered a new switch for £20.
CL18916-1025 is the part number for the one fitted to my pump

regards

Abby

Neil

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 39
  • Boat Year: 2006
« Reply #4 on: April 10 2017, 12:09 »
Against the risk of forking out for a service kit and then having another problem (it may be an intermittent motor issue) I have decided to bin it. It is 10 years old so maybe time to say goodbye. Thanks for replies.