Author Topic: Know where you're going  (Read 4342 times)

dawntreader

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria37
  • Boat Year: 2006
Know where you're going
« on: January 12 2017, 19:45 »
Not sure what this one is up to but leaves himself open to captions  ::) my attempt attached  ;)

Steve burt48

• Swab
  • Boat Model: 50 Cruiser Sail
Re: Know where you're going
« Reply #1 on: January 13 2017, 00:14 »
Drug runner ;) :kewl

Salty

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2002
« Reply #2 on: January 13 2017, 08:09 »
Good one Dawntreader, ha ha.  :)
At a guess, I'd say they have a channel pilot onboard that would normally disembark off Brixham, but probably, and combined with darkness, the weather is too bad for either the pilot launch to come out or for a helicopter to operate. So the options are that they wait around for daylight and a lull in the weather, or the pilot remains onboard until another port. At the moment it looks like they are waiting.

dawntreader

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria37
« Reply #3 on: January 13 2017, 08:25 »
Good one Dawntreader, ha ha.  :)
At a guess, I'd say they have a channel pilot onboard that would normally disembark off Brixham, but probably, and combined with darkness, the weather is too bad for either the pilot launch to come out or for a helicopter to operate. So the options are that they wait around for daylight and a lull in the weather, or the pilot remains onboard until another port. At the moment it looks like they are waiting.
Yes, probably something to do with the pilot but conditions here in Brixham were very good last night and they often load/unload pilots in the dark. He's still messing about this morning and it's beautiful out there  :)

MarkTheBike

• Old Salt
  • 34/2001 2cab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 34
  • Boat Year: 2001
« Reply #4 on: January 14 2017, 13:30 »
My guess would be that they've taken a glider pilot on board by mistake and he's practising side-slipping.
ATB

Mark