Author Topic: Battery kill switch  (Read 2269 times)

Sen Mora

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 41
  • Boat Year: 2003
Battery kill switch
« on: December 31 2016, 16:06 »
I have a Bavaria 41 2003. I have to replace the battery kill switch (hauptschalter) as it crammed a Little while ago. Luckily I was on board, had to undo the battery leads, than managed painfully and blindly bypass the switch by connecting the out cable to the in stud. This through the Dc panel opening with one hand praying not to drop anything. Now I am not sure how was this built, but it looks to me they installed the switch and wiring before building the nav station/table. There is no access to the back of the wall other than the dc an ac panel openings with zilion wires.
So it looks to me I will have to cut an opening into the side wall bellow the nav table.
Any ideas/experience on the subject.
Many thanks
Frank

dawntreader

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria37
  • Boat Year: 2006
Re: Battery kill switch
« Reply #1 on: January 01 2017, 11:42 »
I have a B37 2006. The battery wires go from the kill switch into a void behind the chart table cupboard and into the under-seat compartment where the batteries are located. It is probably about a 0.5 metre length behind and is not accessible except at each end. The cables are accessible from behind the switch and I fitted a third cut-off with little difficulty although I agree it is cramped behind there. I seem to remember it was fairly easy to remove/re-fit the switch with the wires still attached. Sorry, no photos at this time.