Author Topic: Wash down pumps  (Read 2894 times)

ANTREVELL

• Able Seaman
Wash down pumps
« on: August 20 2016, 16:09 »
I am thinking of fitting a seawater washdown pump with deck connection to my boat. Has anybody had any experience of these . The PBO suggest a Shurflow Pro-Blaster II

Regards Tony   Pegatha

robgs

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Vision 40
  • Boat Year: 2007
Re: Wash down pumps
« Reply #1 on: October 05 2016, 22:31 »
I installed a WD system on my Vision 40 a few years ago. I used  a Shurflo ProBlaster pump and located it aft near the head compartment so that I could tap into an existing thru-hull (I added a diverter valve to the inlet for sea water flush supply to the head). There is a strainer in the line between the thru-hull and the pump. I ran the discharge hose forward to the anchor locker by following the wiring chase behind the cabinetry just below the hull/deck joint. This hose terminates at a bronze faucet in the anchor locker and a 50 foot flexible hose with nozzle is attached.
I sail on the Chesapeake and anchor a lot in very messy mud so the WD system is a life saver.

Sweet As

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2004
« Reply #2 on: October 06 2016, 07:29 »
Thanks for the share Robgs. I too have the closest thruhull well aft associated with the head plumbing. Did you have much trouble getting the hose forward to the bow?
Sweet As
Bav 36

robgs

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Vision 40
  • Boat Year: 2007
« Reply #3 on: October 07 2016, 14:43 »
A little tedious but not difficult. You have to remove small panels in the back of cabinetry to access the wiring chase-not all but every second or third will do to thread the hose through. Then a hole must be cut in the bulkhead to the anchor locker.