Author Topic: Bavaria Cruiser 33 Control Panel 301 Wiring diagram source  (Read 10064 times)

ANTREVELL

• Able Seaman
Hi

Does any one know where I can get a wiring diagram and service manual for the 301 panel .
I have found the problem regarding the high current drain. A chip ULN2003 has failed I have ordered a new one but would like to check to make sure no other components have caused it to fail .
I have the owners handbook but it does not give the circuit diagram .
Regards Tony

Impavidus

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria C 37
  • Boat Year: 2015
Re: Bavaria Cruiser 33 Control Panel 301 Wiring diagram source
« Reply #1 on: April 02 2016, 09:28 »
Antrevel.
Is this of any use?

Ant.
Visit our YouTube channel here:  https://www.youtube.com/c/SVImpavidusAntCidSailing

CRYSTAL

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: B33C
  • Boat Year: 2006
« Reply #2 on: April 02 2016, 18:35 »
Hi,

tries this attachment - it's the full PDF specifically on the 301/302 panels.

keep a printed copy on-board and a digitally on your mobile phone.

hope this helps.
Hratch
CRYSTAL I

Nigel

• R.I.P.
  • Old Salt
    • Dolcetto - My Boat
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 47
  • Boat Year: 2000
« Reply #3 on: April 03 2016, 00:09 »
I think Tony is after the schematic diagram, showing individual components.

You could try contacting the manufacturer of the panel, possibly http://www.philippi-online.de
Nigel Mercier: Forum Administrator

ANTREVELL

• Able Seaman
« Reply #4 on: April 03 2016, 17:59 »
Yes it is the schematic diagram that I require with all the components and wiring diagram of the circuit board . Showing all the connections of the various components to the circuit board. I have the owners handbook which shows the connections of boat items to panel.

I am told the board was made for Bavaria by a company called wurth . But I cannot find how I can contact them.
I did look at the philippi web site but they are a different panel.

Regards Tony

tiger79

• Old Salt
  • 2014 Cruiser 37
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 37
  • Boat Year: 2014
« Reply #5 on: April 03 2016, 19:09 »

I am told the board was made for Bavaria by a company called wurth . But I cannot find how I can contact them.

Try http://www.we-online.com/web/en/intelligente_systeme/kontakt_ics/Contacts.php

ANTREVELL

• Able Seaman
« Reply #6 on: April 04 2016, 20:02 »
Hi
I contacted the company and telephoned . Unfortunately while they did make the panels and do have the circuit diagrams I require they are not at liberty to release this information,without written consent of Bavaria . I have emailed Bavaria but all I get is a file of the owners manual.
I have also contacted Clipper without success to date.
Does anybody have any other suggestions how I might source this information.

Regards Tony

Impavidus

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria C 37
  • Boat Year: 2015
« Reply #7 on: April 04 2016, 21:23 »
Tony, I don't know if this is going to be of use? Here goes anyway.  :)  I assume you have a reasonable knowledge of circuits based on your previous posts?

The failed panel is basically a low current switching panel. It also functions as a monitor for various systems such as water levels, battery volts etc?   
The high current switching (power to a circuit) is triggered by a low current sent to the main board (power board) via a bank of relays (what we used to call contactors). The trigger energises a relay coil to close (or open) the high current contacts on the main board. This switches the high current circuit on (or off).

In theory you could trace back the trigger line following the positive from the power board? Not something I would want to do!!!

However, In the first month we had our new 37 cruiser one of the relays became erratic (the fridge). Immediately I suspected the fridge thermostat, because they really are a source of frustration. But, checking out the relays we found one was working only when there was a z in the month and battery volts were 13.5v or above. However the panel indicated I was; on , off, not working, Kaput!

Swapping out the relay solved the problem.

I guess you could look at all the components on the board and check the values, including the IC's ? A Google search on each item and its number may give you the various vales?

Not sure this is a lot of help but hey ho.

Good luck with Bavaria, Etc. if you get any info pass it on. Bavaria seem to think they are selling cars not boats, and as such we have to wait for Haynes to bring out a manual  :-\   

Best regards.
Ant.       
Visit our YouTube channel here:  https://www.youtube.com/c/SVImpavidusAntCidSailing

ANTREVELL

• Able Seaman
« Reply #8 on: April 05 2016, 15:57 »
Hi
I have traced the problem to a chip UN2003 it has visibly burnt out . I am reluctant to just  replace in case other components have failed. Unfortunately no one seems to understand what a circuit diagram is. Everybody including Bavaria have been very kind sending me the owners handbook. Bavaria pointed to drawing 2.4 but this only shows the various items that are connected to the panel .It does not show detail of the actual panel.
Wurthers who make the panel for Bavaria have all the information but without a letter from Bavaria they refuse to release this information to me.  I am trying to get someone at Bavaria  to send the authorisation  but it is a slow process. I am desperate to launch the boat but would rather not without  the panel working.  I will let you know how I get on.
Does anybody know where else I can obtain spares for Bavaria yachts like the panel

Regards Tony

ANTREVELL

• Able Seaman
« Reply #9 on: April 06 2016, 21:13 »
Just an up date .

Wurthers manufacture the 301  panel,  but Bavaria refuse to allow Wurthers to release any service information .
Bavaria have made noises that they may offer some kind of deal for a replacement. But I am reluctant to buy another panel even if the price is reduced as this is the second panel to fail in 18 months ( Since the boat was new ) .
I have replaced the burnt out chip and  repaired the damaged printed circuit board and at the moment the board is working again. But for how long?
Would anybody know if the board is more than a switching mechanism for the various electrical accessories and the monitoring of the battery and liquid levels .
I am very tempted to make a new panel using mechanical switches with breakers. I already have the Nasas battery monitor so would only need to add sensors for both the fresh and waste water . 
It seems a very overly complicated panel . Masses of chips which mamybe don't like the marine environment.
Unless it is designed to do more than I am assuming.
Does anybody know of ready made panels that I may be able to adapt. 
Thanks to everybody who has contributed to date.

Regards Tony   Pegatha

tiger79

• Old Salt
  • 2014 Cruiser 37
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 37
  • Boat Year: 2014
« Reply #10 on: April 06 2016, 21:17 »
But I am reluctant to buy another panel even if the price is reduced as this is the second panel to fail in 18 months ( Since the boat was new ) .

You should be pursuing a claim against the selling dealer; you can argue that the panel isn't fit for purpose.  Just write and ask them for a new one, if they don't agree start a Small Claims action.

paulemeier1

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 37.2 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2006
« Reply #11 on: April 07 2016, 06:33 »
maybe it is useful to contact

http://www.philippi-online.de

I have contacted them on the Hamburg Boat show. They are thinking about a replacement in fine quality, cause they know, that the Würth panel is very pure. it should be a one to one replacement. Plug and play. Maybe they have done this. Maybe the have adapted it to there own system.

Sorry for my pure english

ANTREVELL

• Able Seaman
« Reply #12 on: April 07 2016, 21:11 »
Hi.

Thank you for your information.
I was copied into an email from Bavaria to Wurth and Clipper  regarding my problem they suggested I should contact Clipper but I have  sent them pictures and my diagnoses. If they make a more reliable panel and offer to replace it that would be great. But I will have to wait and see. 

Regards Tony