Author Topic: Re-organising Halyards & Sheets  (Read 4501 times)

Konan the Bavarian

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: 37 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2006
Re-organising Halyards & Sheets
« on: June 22 2015, 07:27 »
I am slowly modifying my 2006 B37 to allow my wife & I to race it short handed. I have recently added two triple rope jammers an two additional deck organisers on my 2006 B37, to minimise the number of sheets & halyards cleated off on the mast.

I have also moved the clam cleats for the traveller further aft, so I can cleat them off more easily form the helm.

Here are a couple of photos of what I have done.

Labels on the jammers to follow.

Moodymike

• Old Salt
Re: Re-organising Halyards & Sheets
« Reply #1 on: June 22 2015, 08:36 »
How did you attach the clam cleats to the coach roof?  As there is a double skin roof lining accesss is difficult to attach washers and nuts.

Konan the Bavarian

• First Mate
« Reply #2 on: June 23 2015, 02:22 »
Hi, I drilled & tapped the deck which was about 10mm thick, and fixed all base of the cleat to the two grp packers with sikaflex. The finished product is very sturdy.

Moodymike

• Old Salt
« Reply #3 on: June 24 2015, 09:00 »
Not sure what you mean by grp packing. Not heard of drilling and tapping in 10mm grp, can you explain further? 

Konan the Bavarian

• First Mate
« Reply #4 on: June 25 2015, 12:08 »
hi, yes.
the cleats that control the traveller are mounted on two pieces (packers) of "fibreglass" to raise them off the deck, by about 20mm. In the photo they are a yellow (resin) colour.

yagandog

• Swab
« Reply #5 on: August 08 2015, 21:54 »
Hi
Nice work with the jammers.i m looking at fitting a spinnaker haylard with another deck organiser and 2 jammers,when you say tapped is it true that there is a metal plate glassed into the area where the jammers sits.is this what you tapped into,???

Konan the Bavarian

• First Mate
« Reply #6 on: August 13 2015, 02:25 »
Yes, there is an aluminium backing plate glassed in underneath. Drilling & tapping was an easy task, just remember to put drill in reverse when first starting to drill into the deck, as this will minimise the extent of chipping of the surface, as the drill "bites" into the deck.
I drilled a pilot hole first, and then drilled the larger hole, both times starting the drill in reverse, for at least 5mm deep.