Author Topic: Air heater installation pics wanted  (Read 3521 times)

Bav32

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 32 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2004
Air heater installation pics wanted
« on: March 13 2018, 19:23 »
Hey guys,

Could you please post pics of your heater installations in smaller Bavarias (30-36). I'm interested in how and where the heater is installed and where you take the air in and where you located the exhaust.

Impavidus

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria C 37
  • Boat Year: 2015
Re: Air heater installation pics wanted
« Reply #1 on: March 14 2018, 16:48 »
Download the article I posted. I should be of use. Quite a few pictures. http://bavariayacht.org/forum/index.php/topic,1016.msg5428.html#msg5428

Ant
Visit our YouTube channel here:  https://www.youtube.com/c/SVImpavidusAntCidSailing

Bav32

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 32 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2004
« Reply #2 on: March 14 2018, 19:56 »
Thanks! Great job, this already helps alot.

dgmultimedia

• Cadet
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 33
  • Boat Year: 2006
« Reply #3 on: March 27 2018, 17:54 »
I am in the middle of installing a "Planar 44D" in my 2007 Cruiser 33 ( new to me this year ).
I have the heater and all its pipework and cabling completed - waiting for delivery of Ducts and grills to complete the install - hopefully this week...
I have installed in similar location to "Impavidus" - although my boat is the other way round - aft cabin is on the port side... the only difference I have considered is that the heat from the lagged exhaust pipe could warm up the Gas bottle cupboard - so I have put fireproof insulation on the bulkhead and back of the gas locker to keep the heat to a minimum.
When I have it all finished I can post some photos..

DG

catlotion

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 30 Cruiser
« Reply #4 on: July 01 2020, 11:21 »
hi DG,

old thread I know, but don't suppose you have any photos of your heater installation please?  I'm getting a Planar for my 30 Cruiser (also with port aft cabin) and interested in your installation.

thanks,

Toby

Marchi

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2003
« Reply #5 on: July 01 2020, 13:29 »
We installed it in jan 2019. Two warm winter behind us. Everything works great. :)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/y57PxTjLtR9zamDPA

catlotion

• First Mate
« Reply #6 on: July 01 2020, 21:43 »
That's great, thanks.

catlotion

• First Mate
« Reply #7 on: November 10 2020, 14:56 »
A quick update in case it's useful for anyone.  Photos attached of my Planar 4d install in my Bav 30 Cruiser.   It's mounted in the void behind the starboard cockpit locker (behind the access hatch).  It took me a while to decide on position as there's always a compromise but I was trying to minimise bends in the main ducting as well as keeping the exhaust run as short as possible and away from anything.   In the end I used a Webasto 90 degree exhaust elbow so I could mount the heater a bit lower.   

The fuel tank photo shows the take-off from one of the spare connections, the fuel pump mounting and the ducting to the heads compartment.  I reversed the Y connector here to reduce flow a bit.

In these photos I've yet to install the fresh air intake which I'm planning to take from the cockpit.  I've also clipped the exhaust to the left more so it's further from the gas bottle locker (it wasn't making it hot anyway but thought it best).

cheers,  Toby