Author Topic: Main sheet Bav 36 (farr design)  (Read 3349 times)

Ripster

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: 36 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2011
Main sheet Bav 36 (farr design)
« on: March 25 2015, 20:29 »
I have the usual twin main sheet arrangement on through to the Hal winches.  Works fine but (IMO) is a pain when single handing.  I have been thinking of alternative system to control the Main sheets from the helm area.  (I was on a J109 recently and the main sheet control was soooo easy even when helming).  On the new 33, a single sheet controls the boom and is anchored to the forward table bar arch which is anchored and bolted through the cockpit sole.  The 36 has that same forward bar arch and that got me thinking whether a similar arrangement could work.  Concerns are the strength of the bar of course and whether the whole thing needs to be beefed up to take the forces.  Before going further, I thought I would ask here in anyone else has looked at this or another further aft main sheet arrangement? :)

Aquila

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36 Avantgarde
  • Boat Year: 2012
Re: Main sheet Bav 36 (farr design)
« Reply #1 on: March 25 2015, 22:09 »
not too sure about the bar but the twin main sheet arrangement can be set up to be a single main sheet by re-reeving the line but as a  one continuous line and bringing it out to either port or starboard.  I do have Bavaria presentation slide that show this arrangement if it helps.

Ripster

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: 36 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2011
« Reply #2 on: March 25 2015, 23:05 »
not too sure about the bar but the twin main sheet arrangement can be set up to be a single main sheet by re-reeving the line but as a  one continuous line and bringing it out to either port or starboard.  I do have Bavaria presentation slide that show this arrangement if it helps.

Yes, thanks.  Certainly like to see the slide detail :) 

Konan the Bavarian

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: 37 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2006
« Reply #3 on: March 26 2015, 22:32 »
Yes, I would be interested in seeing the slide show too, please.