Author Topic: So many Bav owners...So few posts?  (Read 5149 times)

solar

So many Bav owners...So few posts?
« on: December 18 2012, 09:44 »
I wonder why this forum is so slow?
With so many BAV boats and owners on the water?
No problems? No upgrades? No sharing of manuals,tips,second hand parts & gear?
I admit...I expected more from this forum...
Maybe we ALL should wake up and try harder to keep it active?

Symphony

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 33
  • Boat Year: 2015
Re: So many Bav owners...So few posts?
« Reply #1 on: December 19 2012, 12:38 »
Think there are a number of reasons why there is little activity - and much the same on the BOA site. If you look at the posts here, only about half are for Bavaria specific issues. Owning and running a Bavaria is relatively trouble free compared with some boats. The boats are generally well put together and use well known makes of equipment, and more importantly perhaps the majority in use are relatively new. Also many boats are owned by commercial operators such as charter companies which have their own sources of information.

Activity is likely to increase as boats get older and on the 3/4/5 owner - particularly when major refits or replacements are needed. That is what you find on owners sites for older established makes of boat.

Time will tell.

Ripster

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: 36 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2011
« Reply #2 on: December 20 2012, 21:43 »
I think that the YBW Forum is where most go.  It Googles instantly with many issues peops search on.  This forum has great potential and is 10 times better than the BOA one, but any issues get to a far wider readership and knowledge base on there.  Nigel himself is constantly active there.   

njsail

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 40 Ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
« Reply #3 on: December 21 2012, 02:46 »
if you post a question on this Bav forum you will usually get an answer pretty quick.  if you want to see lots of traffic the multi brand forums are a good place to go.  ybw.com and sailboatowners.com to start. 

cbsura

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 32
  • Boat Year: 2005
« Reply #4 on: December 27 2012, 19:38 »
I've been away from the forum for some time and just checked back in today.  The main reason I don't check more often is because it's inconvenient.  sailboatowners.com and cruiserforum.com both have nice smartphone apps that make it easy to stay in touch.  I would spend a lot more time here if I could use my iPhone  :)