Author Topic: Bav 39 2006 I and J measurements  (Read 3550 times)

Skipperwales

• Swab
  • Boat Model: 39
  • Boat Year: 2006
Bav 39 2006 I and J measurements
« on: September 08 2013, 16:25 »
Hope to get a few quotes from sailmakers in Southampton next week. Does anyone know the above measurements?
Ive looked at some of the online databases, but I'm not sure that the numbers quoted for a Bav 39 refer to the cruiser model.
Thanks

singlefish

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: 38
  • Boat Year: 2003
Re: Bav 39 2006 I and J measurements
« Reply #1 on: September 10 2013, 11:05 »
welcome to the dark side, had similar probs with b38 , elevstrom couldnt even tell me ???, run a tape up class II euro , will give you an idea if published sizes you find are similar ,

When I bought new genoa off local sailmaker he came out and had a sail with me , measured everything , assessed luff curve , and made a sail that fits like a glove ,

and sets perfectly ..

Luff curve especially important makes a huge difference if cut right.

Skipperwales

• Swab
  • Boat Model: 39
« Reply #2 on: September 10 2013, 11:08 »
Thanks, may well end up having to do that.

Seems astonishing that such basic data isn't easily available for quite a common production boat.

MIA

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 39 Cruiser
« Reply #3 on: September 14 2013, 06:07 »
I got a replacement from Elvstrom via DDZ marine in Largs, they had extra ones in stock

Salty

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2002
« Reply #4 on: January 26 2015, 17:03 »
I needed a new Main for my Bav 36, and because I don't live anywhere near a sail manufacturer I contacted Kemp Sails and then downloaded their measurement form and guidelines. With that each of the measurements required were explained and I did the measurements myself. These were submitted to Kemp's, and they confirmed that my measurements were pretty much the same as their records for a Bav 36. A new sail was duly supplied and it is a joy to behold and to use, so ask Kemp's, or your preferred sailmaker for their measurement form and guidelines, and you can do the measurements yourself. Just remember when sending the end of your tape measure up the mast, to attach a length of strong line or something similar to the topping lift halyard so that you can pull the halyard end back down in the event that the tape measure breaks.