Member Forums > Bavaria Yacht Help!

bowthrusters

<< < (2/3) > >>

tony from dorset:
just an update i am doing the install myself an absolute dodle i am getting a proper GRP guy to install the tunnel and do the glass work and i shall install the motor a electrics  myself. side power have a training video showing every stage of the op.

MIA:
Tony

a bit of advice for the location of the battery, put it as close to the thruster motor as you can and it'll save on the length of cables required to the motor. Mine is located about 2 foot form it. The control cables are not an issue on regarding length.

Stevie

tony from dorset:
Thanks for that stevie   i have the tunnel glassed in now just mounting battery box close by, how do you charge your battery i have been following various forums and it appears you have to be carefull sadling off the back of other batteries as not all batteries receive  a good full charge apparantly?  i thought about wiring in a small permanant charger onto a switch and comes on charge with shore power just working on the basis that the battery wont need charging all the time due to the small amount of usage any suggestions welcome.  Tony

MIA:
Tony

Mine get charged of the diode splitter (2 of) in the engine bay and I have also a battery monitoring system installed to charge the batteries as I have 5 in total, 1 starter battery, 3 domestic batteries and the bow thruster battery. I also have 3 electric lewmar winches and an anchor windlass which is why the battery monitoring system is installed.

Stevie

tony from dorset:
Hi stevie    yours sounds like a nice set up was yours factory fitted or did you retro fit,   the diode spliter is that original or an upgrade to deal with the 5 batteries  , also how heavy are the return cables to the splitter,  that is one hell of a run back with cables  also just wondering which monitoring sytsem did you go for was it easy to install  its amazing how much conflicting info you can pick up when it comes to boat electrics been following a few different boat forums one  says do this another says do that just curious what thruster did you go for and what size      Tony

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version