Member Forums > Bavaria Yacht Help!

bowthrusters

(1/3) > >>

tony from dorset:
Anybody added a bowthruster to their boat,  would be interested to know approx cost of installation, size of motor required, recomended installers on south coast.
 I have a 3 cabin 36 with water tank under the forward bunk would this have to be moved?  interested if anybody has done this to a 36 3 cabin before. i realise i will be sacrificing a bit  of speed with the drag.

Nigel:

--- Quote from: tony from dorset on February 06 2012, 20:51 ---I have a 3 cabin 36 with water tank under the forward bunk would this have to be moved?...
--- End quote ---

Mine is boxed into the aft section of the forward deck locker. If you don't have anything between the forward bunk and the chain locker, I guess you will have to compromise.

tony from dorset:
i see you have a 47 so i guess a lot more space to accomodate,  i looked at mine yesterday and i have a large area under the forward cabin bed, beyond this i have a water tank is their a rule of thumb about how far forward or back it has to be also how low from the water line would be interesting to hear from anybody who has had it done on a 36

Nigel:

--- Quote from: tony from dorset on February 08 2012, 11:40 ---is their a rule of thumb about how far forward or back it has to be also how low from the water line...
--- End quote ---

I don't know which make you are considering, but Vetus tell you all that in their manuals.

tony from dorset:
i was Thinking Vetus but am open to other manufacturers,  heard a few horror stories about bad installations and was hoping to get feed back from here on good  installers on south coast.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version