Author Topic: Loose anchor winch  (Read 3181 times)

Wayne

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 37
  • Boat Year: 2007
Loose anchor winch
« on: July 24 2014, 00:07 »
Hi,

I have a Bav 37, 2007 model.

Recently the anchor winch (Lewmar 1000 - 3 bolts secure it to the deck: 1 forward and 2 aft bolts) has started to "move". I can access the front bolt to tighten but the rear 2 bolts appear to be behind the glassed in section of the anchor well and don't appear to be accessible from the anchor well. Presumably the bolts can be accessed by taking off the liner in the V berth. Is this the case and, if so, is it a simple matter of undoing the screws in the liner in the v berth (screws have small cosmetic covers on them I guess they pop out).

Many thanks
Wayne

Trapeze Artist

• First Mate
    • Little Hotels
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 30 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2005
Re: Loose anchor winch
« Reply #1 on: August 09 2014, 22:54 »
If it's anything like my 2005 Bav 30, yes there is a panel at the forward end of the forward cabin. The little plastic caps pop off and underneath there are self-tapping screws. The panel is also held with silicone all around the perimeter so you will have to cut that very carefully, trying to avoid damaging the surrounding trim boards.

Wayne

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 37
  • Boat Year: 2007
« Reply #2 on: August 10 2014, 08:24 »
Many thanks Trapeze Artist. I'll take it very carefully with the silicone and the panel.

Wayne

andersson

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 37 crusier
  • Boat Year: 2006
« Reply #3 on: September 04 2014, 18:43 »
Hallo.

You has to do it from the anchor box.
You must remove the silicone, and behind the silicone you will find the two bolts.
This is not easy, but it can be done.