Author Topic: How to change mainsheet t-track system?  (Read 4062 times)

cheshire

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bav34
  • Boat Year: 1999
How to change mainsheet t-track system?
« on: May 15 2014, 00:21 »
Hi all!
Does anyone changed mainsheet t-track which is Rutgerson?
Have a desire to change to go for Harken but have no idea will I have possibility to do this with no pain?
Is there some instruction about how to unscrew sliding bolts to take off Rutgason system and how to screw it back with Harken 32mm CB t-track?
Regards!

Symphony

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 33
  • Boat Year: 2015
Re: How to change mainsheet t-track system?
« Reply #1 on: May 15 2014, 11:36 »
The track is attached with set screws that go into tapped aluminium plates boded into the laminate. You will need to check if the hole spacing and size of your new track is the same.

cheshire

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bav34
  • Boat Year: 1999
« Reply #2 on: May 15 2014, 17:24 »
The track is attached with set screws that go into tapped aluminium plates boded into the laminate. You will need to check if the hole spacing and size of your new track is the same.
Thanks. Thanked this way.
But. Rutgerson website (http://www.rutgerson.se/default.asp?id=10&ShowProduct=449&childto=&Group=121) tell us this:
Complete Mainsheet system   
Complete 32mm Mainsheet system with sliding bolt track is a quick and hassle-free option when installing a new system on the boat.
The control lines have to be purchased separately.
And I just purchased harken CB t-track on sliding bolts too which is look like this:

And I need space from down side to attach it.. So there will no possibility to mount it in easy way yep? :(
And the only way will be to attach it to some plate which will be than attached to installed bolts?
Maybe someone has photos?

IslandAlchemy

• Old Salt
« Reply #3 on: May 15 2014, 20:36 »
I'm planning to replace mine with a Vectran rope strop when it finally gives up

Harlequin

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Vision 44
  • Boat Year: 2007
« Reply #4 on: January 14 2017, 09:04 »
Apologies for resurrecting an old post, but I'm also researching how to replace the mainsheet traveller on my 2007 Vision 44. I've had enough of that Rutgerson cr@p which simply isn't up to it. I've lost count of the number of roll-links I've had to replace, and now the T-track itself is so worn, it's probably causing roll-link failure.

Anyone had any luck with replacement? Cheshire, did you ever get it figured out?

I'm guessing Harken or Lewmar will be the most cost-effective supplier? Not sure Ronstan or Barton will make a system man enough for the job.

And I'm guessing the track will have to be of the bridge type, bolted at either end?

Grateful for any advice for anyone who's looked into this...

Jim