Author Topic: ATN tacker  (Read 4726 times)

Vinnie45

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: 30 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2007
ATN tacker
« on: April 18 2014, 14:25 »
I am purchasing a new sail to be used for an ATN tacker for my 2007 30 bavaria. Does anyone have a picture of what the rigging looks like in order to make it work . Thank you

Stuart

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria Cruiser 42
  • Boat Year: 2005
Re: ATN tacker
« Reply #1 on: April 18 2014, 14:40 »
Cheers

Stuart

Vinnie45

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: 30 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2007
« Reply #2 on: April 18 2014, 15:31 »
Thank you

Salty

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2002
« Reply #3 on: October 04 2014, 20:59 »
Hi Vinnie
Since reading your posting I too have bought an ATN Tacker, and what an easy thing it is to use. I took the boat out last week to try the device, and while I don't yet have a snuffer, it's next on my list of intended purchases for early next year now as the season has just about ended. I'd never flown a spinnaker before, so this was a massive learning curve for me, particularly as most of my sailing is done single handed. I need to use the thing a bit more, but from the first use it seems to me to be very easy to use, and saves all that messing about with spinnaker poles. Thanks for the tip off 😊😊

Odysseus

• Old Salt
  • Bill and Linda
    • www.scanmar-odysseus.co.uk
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 38
  • Boat Year: 2006
« Reply #4 on: October 05 2014, 09:38 »
I first saw these when sailing off San Diago 8 years ago, made one when I came back home, and can confirm they are great especially sailing short handed which I do. I can get up wind a lot more and it's safe!! Controllable!, and great fun.

Recommended.

Odysseus
Bav 38
Odysseus

Ripster

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: 36 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2011
« Reply #5 on: October 05 2014, 20:35 »
Just working out the best rig for my newly acquired assymetric for my 36 (farr design).  With top down furlers being so expensive (though brilliant in use) I am going for a snuffer as well as we sail short handed most of the time.  I too have made a (heath-robinson) mock version of the ATN tacker to see how it works and indeed see if I need it or whether an extended bow roller may be better.  I have flown spinnakers before when race crewing, but only with many hands available!   My main PIA is getting the tack line held clear of the bow light and pulpit rails.  I am hoping the tacker device will help with this.  Not tried it all yet though.