Author Topic: Replace broken faucet handle?  (Read 2716 times)

sailprincess

• First Mate
    • Sailing With Bloom
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 40
  • Boat Year: 2002
Replace broken faucet handle?
« on: October 24 2016, 23:53 »
Does anyone know where to find a replacement handle for the head faucet? It keeps popping off as the plastic inside that holds it on has broken. Or do we need to replace the entire faucet? Pic attached of it so you can see what it looks like. We're on a 2002 Bav 40

Salty

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2002
Re: Replace broken faucet handle?
« Reply #1 on: October 25 2016, 06:12 »
I don't know if the German "Aldi" supermarket has arrived in Victoria yet, but amongst the various hardware offers they have, they do sell these faucets periodically. Other than that you should be able to get a similar, though maybe not exact replacement from your local plumbers store. You would be looking ideally for a faucet with a 15mm connection, though a half inch connector is usually near enough.

Holger

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria Cruiser 37
  • Boat Year: 2006
« Reply #2 on: October 25 2016, 15:10 »
I believe that the original was sourced by Bavaria from Barka in Italy. http://www.barka.it/en/products-barka/faucets/pull-out-shower/one-handle/md-7551.html It seems that Barka does not sell directly to end customers. In Germany SVB sells Barka products https://www.svb24.com/en/barka-single-lever-mixer-shower-head.html

dawntreader

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria37
  • Boat Year: 2006
« Reply #3 on: October 27 2016, 10:24 »
I had the same issue - the sleeve for the faucet shot off under water pressure  :o I replaced the whole unit (as the silver coating was water damaged too) with a quality model from my local DIY. The only thing that I would point out is that the new flexi-pipes for connection were different sizes but, having retained the old fittings, found that these were inter-changeable with the new unit. Removing the unit was easy too - the securing nuts were seized and broke off allowing the unit to be removed without effort  :P