Member Forums > Bavaria Yacht Help!

Bavaria 37 - Couple of questions

(1/2) > >>

willfinch36:
Upgraded from a Bav 30 to a 37.

Can't wait to get her in the water.

Couple of questions:

1) Can anyone confirm the sizes of the Heads in/out skin fittings.

2) How do you get to the tap to remove the nut that holds it in? - Looks like you have to remove one of the sinks. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Will

Symphony:
Can't help with the tap. The heads will almost certainly be 3/4" BSP in and 1 1/2" BSP out. These are standard on most boats and are what is on my 2001 37

nornie lees:
Which taps?  removed the galley one easy enough, put in new seals and rebuilt. not touched heads but will be the same fixing im sure. The trick is having the right size tools/flat head screw driver. rgds Ray

willfinch36:
Im talking about the galley one, there is a nut that holds the tap in usually. But couldn't see any easy way of accesing it?!

nornie lees:
Good news i did it couple weeks ago so fresh in my mind, bad news is you need to remove the sink to be sure of tightening when you replace it. The sink is held down by screw/brackets, 6 if i remember correctly. Easy to undo with screw driver, just loosen then they unclip and fall away. Prize off the sink once you have undone the wastes, hot cold feeds need to be disconnected(they on flex hose).

To fix basin back you need clear silicon .
 But firstly put the new/refurbished tap back on and tighten!

Tip, before you remove sink draw a line around the sink position to make sure you know where to apply the sealant before re-bedding the sink or you will have it all over the worktop.

Ring me 07931 736 582 if you want talk it through, rgds Ray

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version