Author Topic: Hull anode size?  (Read 3782 times)

solar

Hull anode size?
« on: March 11 2014, 15:04 »
Hi,
I'm far from my boat so please help.
Need the size & a source for buying the round small haul anode on my 08 Bav 38" cruiser.
My boat is at a lake in non salty water.
Thanks

solar

Re: Hull anode size?
« Reply #1 on: March 17 2014, 13:03 »
Com'mon guys...

We all have hull anodes.
What size?
Which is for sweet waters?
Where do you buy them?

Symphony

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 33
  • Boat Year: 2015
« Reply #2 on: March 18 2014, 09:53 »
Most Bavarias do not have hull anodes, only the one on the saildrive and possibly the propeller so this seems like something that has been added. If it is round then simply replace it with another round button one. You will need magnesium if it is in fresh water. Don't know where you are so diffficult to suggest a source, but anode manufacturers such as MG Duff or Zincsmart will have them in their range.

solar

« Reply #3 on: March 18 2014, 11:51 »
ALL Bav's that I know (a lot...) have a small round anode on the hull between the saildrive and the kiel.
I think it's for protecting the engine?
Any EU source will be fine.
Thank you.

Symphony

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 33
  • Boat Year: 2015
« Reply #4 on: March 18 2014, 13:06 »
There is nothing in the engine to protect, so I don't know why an anode is fitted. Have a look inside the boat to find out what it is attached to. There should be a heavy wire leading somewhere - but can't think what - unless it is to through hull valves.

Any chandler will have replacement anodes, they are nothing special. Google MG Duff and you will find their catalogue.

BTW whereabouts are you as I have never seen hull anodes on a Bavaria in the UK.