Member Forums > Bavaria Yacht Help!

Jib pole size

(1/1)

MIA:
I'm looking at getting a jib pole this season, my boat is a Bavaria 39 does anyone know the size of pole I require

Stevie

dawntreader:
Suggest you need to determine the size (foot) of the genoa, then whether you want carbon, aluminium or telescopic, will it be mounted on a track on the mast or will it be removable. Seldon give a good variety on their website plus a look-up table to determine the length you want:
http://www.seldenmast.com/

MIA:
I'm looking for an aluminum pole I'll need to measure the genoa (lucky it's in the conservatory just now)

dawntreader:
As I sail my B37 'short-handed' I use a telescopic aluminium pole. This was manufactured by Seldon, and has been very useful and easy to handle.

Ripster:
Ours is a 36C and we use a Forespar ( I was going to buy a Seldon, but this one popped up new shop soiled with a scratch on it at half the cost!) whisker pole - telescopic 2 pc.  About 55mm dia OD I think from memory.  It extends to about 3.5m but I don't use it at that length, or haven't yet.  We wanted a light pole because we only have a for hoop on the mast and not the full track mast mounted system, which would have multiplied the overall cost by about five.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version