Member Forums > Bavaria Yacht Help!

Experience with non Volvo parts?

<< < (2/3) > >>

blue-max:
 The D2-55 is a Perkins made engine also used by caterpiller for gen sets etc so filters for these engins match. I have had no prolems using non- VP filters

Stuart:

--- Quote from: blue-max on February 05 2014, 10:16 --- The D2-55 is a Perkins made engine also used by caterpiller for gen sets etc so filters for these engins match. I have had no prolems using non- VP filters

--- End quote ---

Hi Blue-Max could you give me some cross reference #'s when I ask for these parts please.

Ripster:
A well known and high respected Volvo tech I know uses aftermarket parts on many different volvo engines without any issues by x-referencing and of course understanding the part in question very well.  I have used AM belts, filters, impellors, gaskets and service parts may times without issues.  Try keyparts.

Ripster:
Sorry... just realised you are in the US (the $ should have given it away  :-[, so keyparts are prob not an option.

Trapeze Artist:
For filters, use http://www.inlinefilters.co.uk/ to cross-reference the part numbers.

For oil, just check the recommended spec and buy the cheapest that meets the spec.

Someone already mentioned Jabsco for impellors, and of course for other water pump parts.

There is an article in the latest PBO of someone who didn't like the £2700 price tag for a Volvo heat exchanger (well, who would?). Instead he bought a proprietary unit for £250 and spent another £50 on hoses and bits to fit it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version